WHAT’S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP ACTIVATE is a specialized unit within ReedPOP that conceptualizes, monetizes and creates branded experiences and original content that resonate within pop culture on a global level while also delivering authentic engagement with our passionate fans. Our goal is to build lasting, direct, intimate engagement between brands and highly influential fans from around the world. The Sr. Account Executive will primarily focus on the acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing customers. You would be responsible for achieving specific sales goals through the management of an assigned territory and an associated list of accounts.
WORKING FOR REEDPOP:
ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP, we’ve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture.
ReedPOP is the creator of the best events, websites and YouTube channels for pop culture and gaming fans around the globe. ReedPOP is built upon a "fan first" philosophy, a culture of creativity and an office environment that is open and collaborative. We are a kind-hearted, hard-working, fun-loving group of folks who never take ourselves too seriously. Ask us what the best parts about working at ReedPOP are and we’ll quickly answer “our people and the fans.” We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large global organization which provides us with the freedom to build fun new businesses and connect fans through the passions they share. Our customers include Marvel, DC Entertainment, Lucasfilm, Amazon, Chipotle, Facebook, Intel, Nintendo, PEPSI, Red Bull, SYFY, Viacom and millions of fans from all over the planet. We are constantly hard at work, making things happen and always trying to deliver more than what is expected of us.
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
- We want you to be a creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to understand and sell multiple event and digital products across multiple events and websites
- Must possess the ability to follow through the entire sales cycle with a high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively sell and present face to face with all levels of prospects from coordinator up to C level
- Proactively monitor the latest industry trends, competitive environment, sponsorship climate, the big players and main issues in order to make educated recommendations regarding our sales strategy for specific events
- Work with the ReedPOP ACTIVATE team and senior management to develop ongoing retention strategies, new sales tools and innovate programs that will drive annual increases in overall event retention for your assigned territory
- Create and cultivate a "one team" approach through collaboration with event management, marketing, content, and operations
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline, effectively manage up and across the internal organization and aggressively close business
- Have an ownership mentality and operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Successfully adhere to all productivity standards and utilize the latest best practices and standards including inputting accurate and complete data, managing your territory, hitting daily output goals, weekly strike rates and managing your assigned budgets
- Identify and grow new opportunities within your territory and collaborate with the show teams as well as the ReedPOP ACTIVATE team to ensure and cultivate new growth
- Be innovative in your approach and always think about what will authentically appeal to the audience while also delivering the results that your clients are looking for
- Must maintain an eye for detail on all activations big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
- Approximately 50% inside / 50% outside sales
- Focus on the retention of all current and previously lapsed exhibiting customers in your territory
- College degree in a relevant field or equivalent business training or experience
- 6+ years of prior sales experience in events or digital media preferred
- Must have an understanding of event and digital sponsorship
- Must have an understanding of media sales
- Must be a self-starter with strong self discipline
- Experience in sponsorship and/or media sales in the entertainment, pop culture, and gaming industries preferred
- Strong copy writing skills are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions that will resonate with core audiences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all organizational levels including executive and C-level
- Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
- You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
- We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
- You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
- You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
- Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say “I don’t know” and always learn from your mistakes.
- Domestic and possibly international travel is required.