Why choose one industry to work in when you can work in multiple? The events industry is back and ready to grow in 2022 with company and industry leaders keen to get back to face to face interaction. The Business Development Director for RX USA will be responsible for leading the accelerated growth effort of our industry critical events as well as planning and executing the sales strategy for our growing portfolio of shows. This role will span our full range of industry events from sports and entertainment to industrial and machinery. Reporting to the Group Vice-President of Sales this newly created role focuses on new business development opportunities across RX USA’s portfolio.
This opportunity represents the chance to interact with C-Suite business leaders across a diverse portfolio of industries. As a senior leader you will be responsible for building your team of individual contributors and instilling the belief and motivation to help them succeed. A naturally motivated and dynamic character would thrive in leading and developing their team whilst embracing and coaching the adoption of new sales tools and techniques. This individual will be tasked with recruiting, leading and sustaining our new business function with the emphasis on the acquisition of new clients to become part of our portfolio of trade shows and digital communities. Outside of the day to day challenges you will be welcomed into a well being focused company with a people first culture. As part of the wider RELX group you will have access to a variety of employee resources groups across a range of diverse themes and interests to help you grow as a professional and as a person.
- Leading a team of business developers with a new business ‘Hunter’ mentality.
- Work with your sales team to develop individual selling strategies designed to generate pipeline of prospects and ultimately drive sales to ensure a minimum of 100% attainment of sales target for booth and media sales.
- Coach and empower sales team to enhance our consultative sales approach via training and Role Plays
- Drive Media Sales by working closely with Sponsorship Sales Manager and Product Manager
- Partner with internal departments including Floor Planning, Marketing, Operations, and Finance to ensure we are working towards universal goals.
- Provide regular reporting and/or forecasting to Portfolio Sales Director, Event Director and Senior Leadership team.
- Monitor sales team productivity and implement best practices/standards including - inputting accurate and complete data, managing territory, daily output goals, weekly strike rates, assigned budgets, etc.
- Proactively monitor industry trends and competitive environment to make recommendations regarding sales strategy
- Manage and broaden Exhibitor Prospect Lists and generate targeted lists to increase the probability of sales
- Utilize all internal tools to create a more effective and efficient selling environment
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be a strong problem-solver with a solution-based mindset with a love for executing the details
- Be a charismatic leader who is not afraid to try new things
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Demonstrate self-confidence
- Be an experienced mentor/coach
- Quick study and ability to utilize sales data systems
- Remember to unmute themselves before speaking!