Based in Beijing, the CFO is responsible for the strategic, financial and commercial success of a key subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions in Greater China. The incumbent also serves as the Director on the board of this subsidiary.
The CFO is expected to work closely in partnership with the President of Greater China, President of the JV, CFO of Greater China and other senior management members to manage the business as a team to ensure sustained profitability and growth. The key focus areas for the incumbent are strategy, commercial, financial management, Operations, IT and compliance.
The role will require strong influential and inspiring leadership while being accountable for the financial and commercial strategy of the business. The CFO will lead and develop the team that reports into the role.
Key Results Areas
- Develop sound understanding of the events industry, provide insight and foresee future industry trends.
- Develop budgets in line with business performance and growth requirements, drive revenues while control expenditures to achieve budgeted contributions and margins.
- Supervise timely forecast and other financial reports to the Greater China and APAC regional office, providing financial insight and executive analysis and taking actions as part of the business management process.
- Maintain vigilance over revenue and profit performance; provide direction, advice and recommendations to ensure financial objectives and KPIs are met.
- Conduct in-depth analysis that support thorough understanding of the market; develop commercial strategy plans to grow existing business; and identify risks and opportunities for new business development.
- Streamline and integrate finance standards and processes across subsidiaries and ensure compliance to company and statutory policies
- Ensure effective roll-out and implementation of global business initiatives and directives across subsidiaries in Greater China.
- Work with portfolio leaders in JV, Head of Government Relation and Head of Operations in Greater China, to develop venue strategy and long-term relationship with the key venues in China
- Take the lead of IT to ensure cyber security and IT compliance
- To attend and when necessary, represent RX interest at key business meetings including Board of Directors Meetings
- Work with Greater China and regional office functional leaders to coordinate policies, practices and sharing of best practices as appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Experience managing a commercially driven, multi-vertical business, in the functions of finance or commercial.
- Exhibition industry or pharmaceutical industry experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Chinese regulations, reporting standards and financial literacy.
- Strong financial skills and business acumen in strategy, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven track record of driving successful business outcomes as a result of leading or implementing initiatives.
- Progressive leadership style
- Successful client relationship management
- China experience
- Customer oriented and quality decision making.
- Positive attitude, result-driven and takes initiative.
- Think independently.
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships across different levels of the organizations.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Collaboration and teamwork
- University degree in the field of business science with a focus on finance
- Member of CPA/CFA/CMA/ACCA or equivalent
- At least 15 years working experience, audit experience in a Big-4 audit firm is a plus