About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Why join RX Global?
Opportunity doesn’t just belong to our customers, it belongs to us too. Digitally transforming our business while elevating the power of face to face and embracing diverse talent and opinions so RX will always be: the best place for our customers to build their businesses. And the best place for ambitious people to build their careers.
We know that embracing our variety, diversity and differences will make us all stronger. At RX, we give everyone the ability to grow unlimited.
About the Position:
This is an important and high-profile role, where your work will be used by the most senior leaders in RX and drive major decisions. But don’t worry, you will be well supported. The role reports directly to the RX Group Strategy Director and is part of the Group Commercial Function. This is a high performing team that works on the difficult questions for our business. It’s areas of work include strategy, M&A, sales and marketing analytics, portfolio development and market intelligence. The team has a range of specialist skills and experience and creates an energising and supportive environment to work and develop in.
We place a high importance on the professional growth and intend this new team member to move on and up within RX Global and RELX.
The role is based in RX office in Richmond (London) and attendance is anticipated to be c3 days per week. As the role develops there will be the opportunity for travel to our various global offices e.g. for workshops.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- maintain a rich, data driven view of the RX portfolio, including data on health, historical performance and prospects
- generate regularly updated reports and insights, visualise and communicate these effectively for relevant stakeholders, respond quickly to specific questions and opportunities and provide ad-hoc informal advice to colleagues
- Link internal portfolio data with the performance of associated digital and data products and external data such as industry sector characteristics and competitor event performance.
- Proactively make recommendations on how to improve the portfolio based on data analysis
- Communicate effectively to relevant stakeholders both formally and informally
- Follow up and review the implementation and effectiveness of recommendations
Event Strategy and Planning:
- Own and drive the process to ensure all RX events have a winning strategy and plan
- Develop and iterate the event strategy template and process
- Review and comment on event strategies
- Work with RX experts to develop best practices for event strategy and planning
- Lead workshops to encourage best practice adoption
Ideal candidate profile: skills, qualifications and experience
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a relevant field. E.g. Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics
- 3 years+ experience in relevant roles. Strategy consulting preferred, but internal functional experience considered where similar skills have been developed
- Expert use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and stakeholder communication
- Good experience with data visualisation tools e.g. PowerBI
- Some use of more advanced analytics techniques. E.g. linear regression, clustering, factor analysis
Experience: you need to enjoy and be good at these:
- Gathering relevant data (quant and qual, from experts, customers and external sources)
- Analysing and drawing insights from data and quickly grasping complex business situations
- Thinking strategically and tactically, seeing the “big picture” and operational detail
- Structured, hypothesis-driven problem solving
- Generating effective, prioritised and implementable recommendations for action
- Effectively presenting complex data, concepts and recommendations. Using concise and compelling presentations and visualisations that reflect audience needs. Both written and oral
“Nice to have” skills and experience:
- Portfolio analysis techniques and experience. (e.g. for portfolio of products, customers, assets)
- Qualified accountant
- Basic project management
- Analytics programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
Behaviours and capabilities:
- Analytically inquisitive: always exploring data further, never satisfied you’ve found all the insight
- Comfortable and effective in a dynamic and complex multi-national/cultural/specialisms environment, with many stakeholders and where you often have influence rather than direct control
- Comfortable with the detail necessary for success: when working with both data and presentations
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious
- Strong desire to improve and learn new skills, always seeking constructive feedback
- Able to build new relationships quickly and often, make friends easily and work in diverse virtual teams
- Persuasive: with a developing toolbox of different techniques to apply to different situations