WHO WE ARE:
RX is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we’re helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer-based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast-paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we’d like to meet you!
ABOUT THE VISION SHOW:
Vision Expo East and West are trade-only conferences and exhibitions for eyecare and eyewear presented by co-owners RX and The Vision Council. Vision Expo is the complete event for ophthalmic professionals, where eyecare meets eyewear, and education, fashion and innovation mingle. In the Vision Expo Exhibit Hall, eyecare providers can discover trends, interact with new technologies and access innovative products and services. The Vision Expo education program is driven by the profession, offering content of the highest quality and relevance to enhance overall patient care. For more information, visit VisionExpo.com and follow Vision Expo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
SR. MANAGER, CONFERENCE & SPECIAL ACTIVATIONS JOB SUMMARY:
RX is looking for an experienced Conference professional who will be responsible for the targeting, development, and management of conferences within assigned industry group for the purpose of supporting, launching, building or otherwise enabling trade show success. Responsible for the development and execution of educational programs and special educational event activations on assigned shows. Cooperates in management of association/industry relationships and business development.
Specifically, Conference & Special Activations responsibilities include:
- Manage the identification, positioning, development, conduct and quality of conferences and special activations within the assigned industry. Assure the conference dovetails the show and meets financial targets and attendee participation levels. Formulate all necessary business elements of assigned conferences, including pricing, conference direction, etc. Provide oversight of and liaison on conference activities in shows where the Company does not directly manage the conference.
- Seek conference enhancement or development; provide necessary analysis and reporting to obtain support.
- Direct/participate in key activities of conference development and management, e.g. vetting speaker recommendations, establishing program and topics, recruiting conference telemarketers, promoting the conference, etc.
- Establish and manage conference advisory committees; chair/co-chair advisory committee meetings.
- Participate actively in the industry, developing and maintaining relationships, working with advisory committees, cultivating a network of industry experts and leaders, and adding to REC’s knowledge base of industry trends, climate, players, distribution and issues.
- Work with the sales team and advisory chair on the development of customized education programs for industry partners as sponsorship/revenue drivers.
- Provide strategic perspective on conferences vis a vis the industry and trade shows.
- Manage and prepare annual Conference budget per Show and determine allocation of funds to meet financial goals.
- Oversight and management of outside education grant writer, unrestricted education grant submission and reconciliation process.
- Plan and manage special event/educational activations (i.e. Keynote; Main Stage Content; Panel Discussions; Fireside Chats etc.) for the show, as applicable.
- Identify and implement interactive presentation tools and work with presenters to implement new lecture experiences.
- Participate in the development of the Vison Expos Business Operating Plans. Assist, as appropriate, in new business identification and development.
- Carry out other duties as necessary or required for conference and show success.
- 4+ years' experience in designing and developing continuing education (CE) activities for healthcare professionals in an association setting or equivalent adult education industry.
- Possess creative and visionary skills to identify and execute innovative educational program designs and formats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work with a diverse group of stakeholders including expert faculty, key opinion and committee members, cross functional teams, etc.
- Excellent ability to work independently and autonomously, and multi-task multiple high-level responsibilities and projects with accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong program and project management, interpersonal, and delegation skills are required.
- Ability to travel several times a year
- College degree preferred.
- 4+ years of conference business, preferably trade show conference business, conference management and development required
- Strong knowledge of specific industry/relevant technology associated with the event(s) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and new business development useful.
- History with poster sessions a plus.