About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The role is based in Richmond, Greater London, UK and will report directly to the Head of Pricing and Insights.
We're hiring a talented, commercially minded Customer Insights Manager to join the Pricing and Insights team within the UK RX business hub that Supports UK, Russia, Middle East, India and Turkey offices and products based at our corporate Head Office in Richmond upon Thames.
We offer you a great place to work, located in a modern office a 1-minute walk from Richmond Station, flexible working, the opportunity to significantly contribute to the strategy and business operating plans of some of the leading brands in RX.
As Customer Insights Manager, you will report to the Head of Pricing and Insights and will work closely with the brand teams to perform a range of customer activities and projects.
You will be a passionate expert in customer research and gleaning the insight from a range of insight projects.
You will be a self-starter who is responsible for making sure we always improve our understanding of our customers and are continuously evolving our product offerings to meet their needs. Planning, conducting and or commissioning UX as well as strategic research projects to support as well as managing broader research to facilitate general customer understanding will be key parts of your role.
You’ll be confident in designing/conducting research yourself using a variety of research methods as well as briefing/managing partner research agencies to produce actionable insight.
You will also work closely and support the Customer Insights Analysts based in our Manila office who will support in the delivery in the post-show research and other insight activity.
This role plays a key role in maintaining the customer-focused aim of the business, and you must be passionate about driving forward customer led strategy and innovation, success of customer led product development, strategy, innovation and customer experience for Reed Exhibitions globally.
The requirements for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Highly skilled in a range of both UX & traditional research method and applying these methodologies for the optimal outcomes
- Being equally comfortable writing and interpreting results from surveys, conducting focus groups
- Working with Event and product leaders to understand the problems they are trying to solve, and building a customer insight plan to gather the information to inform the answers to these problems
- Extensive experience of having used both qualitative and quantitative research to influence strategic business decision making. Identifying and prioritising research needs to support decision making relating to product development, communications, unmet customer needs, & innovation
- Managing stakeholder relationships from initial research briefing, fieldwork updates through to helping them embed the insights you produce in an agile manner
- A confident & effective communicator who is happy to be a thought leader for the culture of insight-led decision making in the RX UK hub.
- Facilitating research sessions in a lab or at our shows – this will require at times a willingness to travel (International) & occasional working out of hours
- Producing actionable reports and effectively communicating findings to management teams
- Excellent influencer and communicator, strong presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at various levels across the business
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as usability testing, ethnography, focus groups, IDI’s, journey mapping, online surveys, competitor analysis, panel research). It would also be advantageous for you to have a good understanding of global panel research & behavioural economics
- Demonstrate a track record of research results impacting product strategy and development.
- A passion and commitment to do what is right for customers. You will be an advocate for users/customers and user experience research
- Develop relationships across the business to collate existing data and insights to inform the Global Technology team strategy, and also encourage collaboration on research that looks across our global customer journey & segments
We are looking for a strong understanding of data and data structures and an ability to work in Data Analytics Background
- Power BI Reporting
- AWS Data Lake experience
- Athena (this is a service on AWS for querying)
- SQL queries
- S3 buckets (AWS service)