Data Solution Architect
Would you like the opportunity to influence and implement our digital business data architecture strategy?
Do you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional technical teams to provide advice and guidance for best-practice solutions?
About our Team
Elsevier’s Digital Business Solutions business unit solves customer and business problems by leveraging technology and data. The architecture team provide ideas, governance and consultancy allowing our delivery teams to develop innovative software solutions.
About the Role
As a Solution Architect, you will take ownership of defining, developing, and implementing solutions within our Enterprise Architecture. This role will specifically focus on our business data platform. You will be partnering with business technology delivery teams to iterate our existing data and analytics solutions. The current technology landscape includes Collibra data catalogue, Semarchy xDM, Snowflake and Tableau Server.
· Partnering with Architects and cross-functional technical teams to provide consultancy, leadership, communication and to promote software engineering best-practices.
· Defining and implementing a technology strategy for the business data platform.
· Aligning with business requirements and ability to generate new ideas and innovations.
· Working with the technology delivery teams by providing architecture and design guidance. You will be responsible for reviewing changes, guiding large development projects and technical evaluations of new technology.
· Researching and assessing industry and technology advancements and developments to identify opportunities to advance our technical capabilities.
· Developing comprehensive information security procedures and practices and solutions to protect our business data.
· Experience of enterprise data, master data management and integration solutions.
· Have knowledge of large multinational enterprises and their associated back-office business processes and data including Sales, Finance, Marketing and Business Intelligence.
· Experience of architecting cloud-native solutions with AWS, Azure or OCI.
· Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences.
· Enjoy collaborating and leading teams to design a strategy to solve problems and implement innovative solutions.
· Have a natural ability to engage, influence and build relationships with stakeholders, teams, and vendors across our business.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
· Working remotely from home and at our offices (London/Oxford) in a hybrid working style.
· Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
We want to protect your health, help you accumulate wealth and secure your future. We are therefore delighted to offer:
· Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
· Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance
· Tax-free childcare support
· Parental leave options
· Health screening and private medical benefits
· Season ticket loan
Working for you
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.