About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com.
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
This position requires proficiency in all aspects of database processing, design, administration and production support/maintenance using AWS development technologies such as Pyspark, Python, Lambda Functions, Athena etc. along with administrative tools such as Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Lake Formation, etc,. This position will work closely with global development teams to provide high-quality business solutions and play an active role in projects from inception to delivery.
- 3+ years of work experience in data processing, including 1+ year experience solely in AWS technologies
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of database infrastructure, maintenance, administration, and design using AWS technologies.
- Ability to complete root cause analysis on cloud database-related issues, preferably using AWS.
- Ability to complete impact analysis on database-related issues.
- Ability to identify and install required Database/Application/Utility.
- Ability to implement data processing modules using Python/PySpark.
- Ability to research new or alternative database technologies within AWS.
- Ability to write/manage reports from the data using Power BI.
- Strong problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments.
- Solid understanding of how to troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve database infrastructure.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft BI technologies, including SQL Server, SSIS and .Net/C#
- Responsible for maintenance and “bug fix” activities for existing database infrastructure and equipment.
- Undertake research into new or alternative technologies and make recommendations for upgrades or changes to the design/infrastructure/application of the environment.
- Responsible for installation of new database infrastructure and equipment and monitoring its stability.
- Undertake thorough impact analysis of all assigned database infrastructure activities and understand the impact of work on database infrastructure systems and the business.
- Respond to issues and support calls in-line with relevant procedures, including security.
- Resolve performance issues with an emphasis on root cause identification.
- Perform tests of upgrades and new database infrastructure and equipment.
- Monitor database operations and support maintenance activities efficiently in order to ensure minimal issues and incidents.
- Install new or upgrade database infrastructure equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.