Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The success of a new digital capability is dependent on a joined-up approach between the digital team, the vendor and the show team. The role of Success Manager will help balance the competing needs and knowledge of vendor, platform and show team to define the objectives and metrics of the pilot and drive performance towards that goal in the interests of the best customer experience and the wider strategic goals of Digital Innovation within Reed Exhibitions.
This will entail:
- Developing a product strategy through deep understanding of the vendor value proposition and the end to end journey.
- Work with pricing experts to set pricing and volume targets to realise revenue goals.
- Setting of pilot objectives with the Event Director sponsoring the pilot in line with the specific show strategy.
- Develop understanding of the show customer segments and the drivers behind the why the product solution is needed.
- Use customer research to inform and qualify product opportunities and to refine propositions.
- Defining metrics to indicate success linked directly to the product.
- Assessing the fit between the show requirements and product benefits
- Keeping up to date with and leveraging emerging technologies and event technology.
- Creating documentation to communicate vendor value propositions and implementation guidance, in collaboration with the vendor.
- Understanding best practice developed from other pilots and vendor experience.
- Defining a task plan and matching that to agreed internal and external resource.
- Coordination of show team and centralised resources to establish ownership and task plan.
- Budget control including vendor price negotiations, fulfilment, and onsite resources.
- Collating and presenting pilot performance against targets, learnings and recommendations and sharing this with a global audience to drive product adoption and global best practice.
Particular skill sets the role will need to demonstrate:
- Acts as a critical link between the show and the vendor, building a strong relationship and communication channel
- The ability to balance needs of existing processes and systems against the needs of pilot processes and systems to achieve pragmatic solutions optimised for the majority of customer journeys.
- Push internal stakeholders for early definition of product features and onboarding processes to ensure the vendor does not need to make late unproven changes to the product or experience.
- The leadership qualities to motivate and nurture project teams drawn from show team, central team and vendor teams.
- Solid background in Digital Product Management having managed the development and performance of digital platforms and products, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience of developing digital strategies to meet business objectives and managing budgets and resource to deliver against target metrics.
- Strong credentials in leveraging 3rd party suppliers to deliver digital capabilities using target metrics and performance reviews to drive success.
- Able to demonstrate the role of research and insight to inform product development with a customer centric approach.
- Familiarity with testing hypotheses through A/B testing and statistical analysis.
- Comfortable working with technical and non-technical stakeholders and able to present information for different levels of the organisation internationally.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills working from a Corporate perspective with global business unit market teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, face to face and by phone and email.
- Ability to succinctly summarise complex products and concepts to unfamiliar audiences where English may not be the first language.
- Fluency in another language beneficial (especially French, Japanese)