About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Within RX, we are building a global centre of excellence to which aims to place digital technology at the centre of the events business. Our goals are to roll out and further develop our global events platform, grow digital revenues, and identify new digital business opportunities that will help our customers to grow their businesses. The Centre of Excellence represents an exciting opportunity for digital product managers, analysts and data-driven leaders who want to help lead and grow a new team that will have global impact, supporting a wide range of industry sectors to build their businesses back better after the pandemic, and taking advantage of a new global momentum around connecting and trading digitally.
Reporting to: Director or Head of Product Analytics
In the Product Analyst role, you would be working on, for example:
- Developing, setting KPIs for, and evaluating the impact of digital solutions to help exhibitors attract more leads, in B2B sectors as wide-ranging as cosmetics, jewellery, aluminium
- Evaluating the impact of new business models on traffic and revenues of fast-growing consumer-facing video gaming websites, over tens of millions of monthly unique visitors
- Identifying and prioritising new growth opportunities, both organic and inorganic, to help set team roadmaps and acquisition strategies
- Working with teams in China and Japan to develop localisation strategies for our global events platform
How Product Analytics drives customer outcomes?
Within RX the role of the Product Analytics team is to turn our range of data sources into insights and AB testing opportunities that can be used to build better digital products. Like us, you thrive in a complex data environment, like getting your hands into the data, and are skilled at bringing clear, structured thinking to a range of stakeholders in order to help drive decisions. extract data and make sense of it using SQL, Python/R, Tableau/Adobe Analytics and quantitative techniques (such as regression, or statistical testing).
As a Digital Product Analyst you’ll be working on the following problems on a daily basis and drive business decisions with your insights:
- Define the right metrics. Use your deep knowledge of user behaviour to define performance metrics with your stakeholders that align with user success and satisfaction, and commercial outcomes. Then make sure teams have implemented tracking and tagging to measure those KPIs
- Measure performance. Set up dashboards and reports to track performance. Build models to forecast product performance and predict user behaviour to know whether your product is
- meeting expectations. If not, analyse why and drive action.
- Identify and test opportunities for improvements. Grounded in deep analysis of our datasets, generate hypotheses and validate them through online experimentation and AB testing. Then deliver these together with product managers, designers and engineers.
- Support strategic decisions and roadmaps. Innovate and discover new insights by diving deeply into the data, combining various sources (including database and web-analytics data sources) from across the business, to support decisions and resolve strategic questions.
- Advocate Data-driven culture. Communicate insights and information effectively and engagingly, through presentations, reporting and dashboards to all levels of the organisation. Advocate for a data-driven culture and help your stakeholders in how to interpret results, train them to use our Product Analytics software.
What you should bring:
- Education. Bachelor-level degree or higher with quantitative focus (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or more broadly Economics, Sciences with a strong statistical foundation)
- Experience. Proven experience (5+ years) as an analyst, supporting Product Managers by analyzing user behaviour and product feature performance. Proven experience in digital product optimisation, A/B testing, incl. web-analytics tools and techniques. Demonstrable experience in data analysis and insight generation with business impact. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Technical skills. Proficiency with SQL, scripting (eg. Python, R) and the ability to analyze and combine large data sets in cloud data warehouse services such as Amazon Redshift (or other Postgres DB) and analytics platforms such as Databricks (Apache-Spark). Strong Excel (formulas, graphing, pivot tables, linking) and PowerPoint skills.
- Communication & Stakeholder management. Strong communicator and fluent in English (speaking and writing). Ability to communicate the findings and recommendations of analysis in a clear and effective manner at all levels, incl. experience with visual reporting and dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau). Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across the wider business.