If you have experience with jewelry or luxury brand events and are interested in using that knowledge to be a part of the premier Luxury and JCK events, this could be the ideal role for you. Become part of a stellar (the best!) show team helping to grow and evolve shows and the jewelry industry. At RX we are in the business of building businesses!
As the industry evolves, RX is looking for an Event Director to ensure the shows evolve with it and are always positioned to best serve their constituency.
The Event Director role will be responsible for refining the vision and leading a team to implement the strategy and execute on the objectives. As a leader, you will be tasked with inspiring cross-functional teams to work together to deliver on key objectives. As the business owner, you will be charged with building and growing the show brand, both from an industry awareness perspective as well as P&L.
In order to be successful in the role you must be intellectually curious, creative, have attention to detail, be passionate about customer focus and the jewelry industry and be willing to challenge and be challenged. The Luxury Event Director will also be overseeing and helping to inspire unique networking events both daytime and evenings during the show as well as brand exposure and awareness building throughout the year.
About the Show
Luxury is an upscale invitation only event, bringing together accomplished fine jewelry designers and brands from around the world and is a coveted destination by jewelry brands and jewelry retailers. Luxury’s distinguished buying experience is carefully planned to discover and build relationships with a curated selection of the jewelry’s finest designers and brands from around the world in a stylish setting. Luxury offers networking opportunities and upscale amenities throughout the days while providing the best place to do business and forge deeper relationships in a high end, exclusive and secure environment.
JCK offers optimal environments -- digitally and face-to-face -- for retailers, manufacturers, designers and other industry influencers to connect and stay on trend year-round via JCKonline.com, JCK Pro and Jewelers Source by JCK, culminating with the JCK show, the largest in-person jewelry event in the U.S. The JCK and Luxury by JCK shows bring together buyers and sellers from around the world and provide the most important days to drive sales throughout the entire year in a secure environment. JCK is where the entire jewelry industry gathers to buy, sell, network and celebrate.
Brand Growth Strategy:
- Proactively monitor industry trends, work with portfolio leader to identify potential growth areas and client needs.
- Create vital business connections to discover what’s new, next and innovative in the retail jewelry landscape.
- Identify new launches to support event growth.
- Drive strategic planning of event watching for short- and long-term results.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead development of framework and go-to-market strategy to launches including digital strategy, customer experience, data strategy and analytics, that deliver against key business objectives and goals.
- Deeply understands the clients’ needs to properly debrief sales and product teams for creating successful value based selling strategy.
- Work across JCK as needed to help with growth, content and strategy of portfolio.
Relationship with Customers:
- Maintain effective relationships with associations, vendors, strategic partners and all key clients of the event.
- Develop new relationships with the industry / customer to generate opportunities for new businesses and create strategic partnerships for RX products and brands.
- Actively attend events in the jewelry industry as well as those of competitors and associations (national and international) to get an overview of the industry and the market.
Relationship with Internal Stakeholders:
- Work efficiently in all areas (marketing, operations, finance) to ensure that event strategy is shared and embedded across all organization to achieve maximum results and engagement.
- Partner with sales team to develop sales strategy aligned with industry needs and different perspectives of business sectors.
- General responsibility for losses and profits and for the results of the event.
- Deeply knows P&L of event accountable to represent the brand in presentations of budget, forecast, strategic planning.
- Perform periodic reviews of budget, in a timely manner for adjustments, considering a wide range of internal and external factors, showing exceptional business acumen in decision making.
- Coach and guide functional leads supporting your brand (marketing, sales, operations, finance) to achieve the best results for event execution, sharing ideas, experiences and supporting them to solve issues, as needed.
- Promote collaboration between teams to ensure that projects and challenges are carried out effectively and results delivered collectively.
- Create a team culture, empowerment and decision making to encourage self-development and business growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years sales or marketing leadership experience
- Extensive experience developing customer relationships at senior levels and support the management and interaction with of high value customer accounts.
- Experience of building trusted internal relationships and maintaining an open two-way conversation with key stakeholder groups, including previous experience working in matrix reporting environment.
- Experience with launching new products and growing businesses with analytical approach, combining data, marketing and product management strategies on go-to-market.
- Experience with P&L management, reporting, budgeting / forecasting.
- Proven track record of business management within a B2B environment have a tenacious, can-do approach with a growth mindset.
Skillset – Knowledge and Behaviors
- Thought leader, inspirational and acting role model – walk the talk.
- Straightforward communicator, articulate and able to influence people at all levels across all disciplines to ensure successful outcomes, providing clear understanding of the vision, goals and expectations.
- Strong degree of customer focus and passion for luxury brands.
- Highly entrepreneurial and creative, risk taking approach watching for commercial opportunities.
- Resilient, strong emotional intelligence, able to work under pressure and have great balance between prioritize, delegate and sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Excellent approach to work with cross-functional teams in large matrixed organizations.
- High Ownership/accountability – solution-oriented approach.
- Strong leadership skills and highly capable of energizing indirect reporting teams.
- Straightforward on decision making process.
- Inclusive leader who understands and respects diversity and equality.