Reed Exhibitions (RX) is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Mack Brooks has been acquired by RX in early 2019 and is going through an exciting integration phase. We are changing and implementing new practices, processes, and systems. We value our staff and are introducing new development programs. Our office is vibrant, multi-cultural and fun. We love organising shows!
Situated in the heart of St Albans City Centre, opposite St Albans Abbey in a beautiful grade II listed building, Mack Brooks Exhibitions is a leading international exhibition / trade fair organiser of business to business events. Established in 1965, the company is part of RX.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and flexible Event Executive to join the ExpoFerroviaria show team on a permanent basis. EXPO Ferroviaria is the only B2B exhibition exclusively dedicated to the railway industry in Italy and brings together key representatives of the sector.
You will be working closely with the Event Manager and the show team on organising the EXPO Ferroviaria trade event.
- Developing and maintaining close customer relationship predominantly with the Italian exhibitors
- Key account management in certain technology areas
- Co-operation with the industry partners
- Management of the CRM database ensuring quality of data
- Sales co-ordination
- Digital product co-ordination
- Liaison with internal departments – e.g. with the operations team (floor plan management), with the marketing team e.g. contribution of ideas for sales/marketing campaigns, proofreading the sales & marketing materials (in Italian)
- On-site travel and staffing of the show management office during the show
- Solid experience in customer care including key account management
- Familiar with the concept of B2B exhibitions
- Experience in industry research/analysis a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English and Italian (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills, in Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with the customers as well as with all areas of the business (written and spoken)
- Proactive, responsive and able to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn and understand the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritise
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Excellent time management, ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Experience in events industry would be an advantage but are not essential
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week: Monday - Thursday 8.30 am to 4.45 pm incl. 1 hr lunch, 8.30 am to 4 pm on Fridays incl. 1.5 hr lunch)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym discount