Job Title: Event Executive
Reports to: Event Executive Manager
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
Job Purpose: To provide efficient support to multiple functions that contribute to the delivery of our exhibitions; through optimal use of our systems, an ability to communicate effectively and an aptitude for organisation.
Scope: The Event Executive offers vital support throughout the exhibition cycle to the sales, marketing and operations communities, as well as external partners. They assist with a range of project coordination duties including but not limited to pre-show planning, and managing onsite requirements for all team members. The Event Executive is seen as a systems super user within the business and is required to be comfortable with using multiple complex systems whilst adhering to best practise processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
These responsibilities will be performed to support multiple events that fall at different points throughout the year. In some instances, you would carry out all tasks for an event, or alternatively these tasks would be shared with a fellow team member.
- Event Edition Setup – taking ownership of the ‘Ready to Sell’ process to ensure that all systems are setup and we are ready to start selling the next event edition – this involves the coordination of multiple stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met, and completing final testing of all system integrations once all functions have completed their tasks.
- Partner Relationships – coordination and fulfilment of partner/media barter agreements as briefed by the Marketing Manager – including completion of paperwork, fulfilment of exchanged partner assets and developing a quality relationship with partners to ensure a smooth ‘transaction’.
- Sales Support – working closely with international sales teams, contracting using Salesforce.com where the sales user does not have access to the UK system.
- Sponsorship Tracking – updating reports as new sponsorship is sold to ensure the inventory of items is maintained and working closely with the Sponsorship Fulfilment Team to support the successful delivery of all sponsorship contracts.
- Floor Plan Audits – working alongside the Sales and Operations team to ensure rigorous audits of the floor plan and Exhibitor Lists are carried out frequently on the lead up to an event
- Reports/Tracker Maintenance – generating, maintaining and managing various reports for Sales, Marketing and Operations Team
- Internal/External 365 Events – offering administrative support (coordinating invites, collating nominations, ordering awards, arranging catering etc.) for 365 events, which could include team days, exhibitor days, steering committees, awards, networking parties.
- Meetings Administration – scheduling team meetings, composing agendas/minutes when required
- Team Supplies – auditing and ordering team supplies including safety boots, stationery, business cards and refreshments for onsite as well as the crates to transport the supplies
- Frontline Enquiries – handling calls/emails from prospective exhibitors and distributing to the appropriate team member – and diverting any general enquiries to our Customer Service Team
- Sales Office/Lounge – setting up and coordinating this busy area during the exhibition
- Rebooking Support – supporting the Sales Team with capturing interest for the next Event Edition – this may include contracting onsite using automated or manual contracting systems and/or managing all incoming booking forms/enquiries
- Coordinating Team Arrangements – including booking meeting rooms, arranging team/client dinners etc.
- Partner Relationships – coordinating the distribution plan including a delivery list of assets which is shared with the Marketing Manager who then ensures its execution
- Exhibition Printed Content – coordinating the distribution plan and delivery list for all printed content which is shared with the Marketing Manager who then ensures its execution
Ideal Candidate Profile: A highly driven, enthusiastic and organised professional who can demonstrate:
- A degree/qualification related to events or previous experience of working within the events/exhibitions industry
- A strong ability to organise and prioritise workload – and demonstrate a solid competency for multi-tasking
- A high level of computer literacy, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and preferably any online sales/marketing tools and systems
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm when under pressure
- They are committed team player who also has the ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Strong communication skills – articulate verbal and written capabilities – with the ability to communicate with many different nationalities and cultures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to embrace change and an enthusiasm to participate in a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- A confident common sense approach to problem solving and is quick to understand who/what is required to solve any issues
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their role and responsibilities on a day-to-day basis
- A passion for exhibitions and events
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, people of colour and people with disabilities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At RX Global we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace therefore if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!