About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Mack Brooks has been acquired by RX in early 2019 and is going through an exciting integration phase. We are changing and implementing new practices, processes, and systems. We value our staff and are introducing new development programs. Our office is vibrant, multi-cultural and fun. We love organising shows!
Situated in the heart of St Albans City Centre, opposite St Albans Abbey in a beautiful grade II listed building, Mack Brooks Exhibitions is a leading international exhibition / trade fair organiser of business to business events. Established in 1965, the company is part of RX.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and flexible Event Executive to join the Fastener Fair Stuttgart and Chemspec Europe show team on a permanent basis. Fastener Fair Stuttgart is the world’s leading exhibition for the fastener and fixing industry. Chemspec Europe is an international trade show that exclusively focuses on the fine, custom and speciality chemicals sector.
You will be working closely with the Event Managers and the show teams, contributing to the organisation of both trade events.
- Establishing strong relationship with customers (German and international market)
- Key Account management; handling potential customers as well as exhibitor and visitor enquiries incl. data management
- Support provision for sales staff, including direct sales and sales management
- Sales analysis and reporting
- Support for competitor analysis and analysis of development sectors
- In-show conferences management
- Support for digital product coordination
- Data management to ensure data quality
- Co-operation with the industry partners
- Liaison with supporting department for floor planning and on-site setup (operations department) and marketing promotion campaigns (marketing department)
- On-site travel and staffing of the show management office during the show
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken),
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Strong IT skills, in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management, ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with the customers as well as with all areas of the business (written and spoken)
- Some experience in customer care including key account management
- Proactive, responsive, and able to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn and understand the business
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritise
- Experience in industry research/analysis a distinct advantage
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Familiar with the concept of B2B exhibitions
- Experience in events industry would be an advantage but are not essential
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week: Monday - Thursday 8.30 am to 4.45 pm incl. 1 hr lunch, 8.30 am to 4 pm on Fridays incl. 1.5 hr lunch)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym discount