Reed Exhibitions (RX) is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities, and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Situated in the heart of St Albans City Centre, opposite St Albans Abbey in a beautiful grade II listed building, Mack Brooks Exhibitions is a leading international exhibition / trade fair organiser of business to business events. Established in 1965, the company is part of RX.
Mack Brooks has been acquired by RX in early 2019 and has gone through an exciting integration phase. We have implemented new practices, processes, and systems. We value our staff and have introduced new development programs. Our office is vibrant, multi-cultural and fun. We love organising shows!
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and flexible Event Executive to join the Chemspec Europe show team on a permanent basis. Chemspec Europe is an international trade show that exclusively focuses on the fine, custom and speciality chemicals sector.
You will be working closely with the Event Manager and the show team, contributing to the organisation of the event.
- Establishing strong relationship with customers (German and international market)
- Key Account management; handling potential customers as well as exhibitor and visitor enquiries incl. data management
- Support provision for sales staff, including direct sales and sales management
- Support sales analysis and reporting
- Support for competitor analysis and analysis of development sectors
- In-show conferences management
- Support for digital product coordination
- Data management to ensure data quality
- Co-operation with the industry partners
- Liaison with supporting department for floor planning and on-site setup (operations department) and marketing promotion campaigns (marketing department)
- On-site travel and staffing of the show management office during the show
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Strong IT skills, in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Salesforce would be an advantage
- Excellent time management, ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with the customers as well as with all areas of the business (written and spoken)
- Some experience in customer care including key account management
- Proactive, responsive, and able to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn and understand the business
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritise
- Experience in industry research/analysis a distinct advantage
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Familiar with the concept of B2B exhibitions
- Experience in events industry would be an advantage but are not essential
- German language skills would be an advantage
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym discount
We want RX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities, and benefit from pay equality. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, age, caring responsibilities, pregnancy and maternity or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future.