Reed Exhibitions (RX) is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities, and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Mack Brooks has been acquired by RX in early 2019 and is going through an exciting integration phase. We are changing and implementing new practices, processes, and systems. We value our staff and are introducing new development programs. Our office is vibrant, multi-cultural and fun. We love organising shows!
Situated in the heart of St Albans City Centre, opposite St Albans Abbey in a beautiful grade II listed building, Mack Brooks Exhibitions is a leading international exhibition / trade fair organiser of business to business events. Established in 1965, the company is part of RX.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and flexible Event Executive to join the EuroBLECH show team on a permanent basis. EuroBLECH is the world’s largest Sheet Metal Working Technology Exhibition which attracts top industry professionals from all over the world. It targets sheet metal working specialists at all management levels in small and medium-sized companies as well as large enterprises. You will be working closely with the Event Manager and the show team on organising the EuroBLECH trade event.
- Direct sales and sales management
- Establishing strong relationship with customers (German and international market)
- Key Account management; handling potential customers as well as exhibitor and visitor enquiries incl. data management
- Sales analysis and reporting
- Competitive show visits
- Support for competitor analysis and analysis of development sectors
- In-show conferences management
- Support for digital product coordination
- Data management to ensure data quality
- Co-operation with the industry partners
- Liaison with supporting department for floor planning and on-site setup (operations department) and marketing promotion campaigns (marketing department)
- On-site travel and staffing of the show management office during the show
- Solid experience in customer care including key account management
- Familiar with the concept of B2B exhibitions
- Experience in industry research/analysis a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Fluent in German (advantage)
- Strong IT skills, in Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with the customers as well as with all areas of the business (written and spoken)
- Proactive, responsive, and able to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to learn and understand the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritise
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Excellent time management, ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Experience in events industry would be an advantage but are not essential
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week: Monday - Thursday 8.30 am to 4.45 pm incl. 1 hr lunch, 8.30 am to 4 pm on Fridays incl. 1.5 hr lunch)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym discount
We want RX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities, and benefit from pay equality. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, age, caring responsibilities, pregnancy and maternity or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the link below: