Reed Exhibitions (RX) is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities, and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Mack Brooks has been acquired by RX in early 2019 and is going through an exciting integration phase. We are changing and implementing new practices, processes, and systems. We value our staff and are introducing new development programs. Our office is vibrant, multi-cultural and fun. We love organising shows!
Situated in the heart of St Albans City Centre, opposite St Albans Abbey in a beautiful grade II listed building, Mack Brooks Exhibitions is a leading international exhibition / trade fair organiser of business to business events. Established in 1965, the company is part of RX.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, proactive, and flexible Event Executive to join the inter airport Europe show team on a permanent basis. inter airport Europe is the world’s largest gathering for airport professionals. Renowned as a key event for the aviation industry, it reflects the dynamic developments in the industry and the vision of the airport of the future.
You will be working closely with the Event Manager and the show team on delivering the brand’s f2f, hybrid and digital trade events.
- Contributing to the conception, organisation and implementation of feature areas and side events
- Develop and maintain close relationships and cooperate with customers and industry partners
- Research and stay up to date with industry knowledge incl. on developing segments within the industry
- Contribute to building relevant content for the show
- In-show conference management
- Support the creation and implementation of digital and value-added products
- Direct sales and sales management
- Exhibitor and visitor liaison
- Collaborating with and support the event, technical and marketing teams to implement digital and on-site initiatives
- Competitive show visits and participation at live and digital events
- Prepare analysis and reporting
- Support technical and sales processes required to deliver the show
- On-site travel and staffing of the show management office during the show
- Proactive, determined, and enthusiastic mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with partners and customers on all levels
- Experience in conducting industry research/analysis and willingness to gain knowledge of technical topics
- Experience in customer care including key account management
- Keen and self-motivated learner, willing to understand the business and industry segment
- Willingness to take responsibility for own projects
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Resourceful, responsive, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work efficiently and goal-oriented both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Confident using MS Office applications
- Familiar with the concept of B2B exhibitions
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), additional languages desirable
- Experience in the aviation industry would be an advantage
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week: Monday - Thursday 8.30 am to 4.45 pm incl. 1 hr lunch, 8.30 am to 4 pm on Fridays incl. 1.5 hr lunch)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season ticket loan
- Gym discount