WHAT’S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
EGX is one of the largest and most influential gaming event brands in the entire world! As our Event Manager, you’ll be managing the success and growth of these two incredible events as well as making hundreds of thousands of fans very happy. What could be cooler than that?
This role is perfect for a hard-working, ambitious and talented individual with experience in consumer events and an ability to manage multiple challenges as well as demanding stake holders in a fast-paced but rewarding work environment. We are looking for a sharp, detail-oriented hustler that is willing to be completely immersed in the gaming industry in order to identify trends that will drive ticket sales, sponsorship opportunities, media exposure and exciting new experiences for our fans.
The EGX Event Manager will collaborate daily with the Event Director and our show teams on the individual show revenue goals, operating budgets, fan experience plans, sales pipeline and direct management for both shows. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of customer focused leadership in events and live environments, either successfully creating large scale branded experiences or growing existing event portfolios. In this role you will contribute to the overall direction of our shows, develop new business opportunities within the gaming industry, forge strong relationships with industry influencers and create unique experiences that fans will be excited about while also achieving our strategic and financial goals. A high level of emotional intelligence, operational excellence and organizational awareness is critical to success in this role. Experience in technical aspects of console, PC, and esports is also preferred.
You should enjoy collaborating with diverse teams of both direct and indirect reports while always demonstrating a strong, calm, solution-based leadership style. You must see the value of data and always use customer and commercial insights to develop new services and solutions, drive sales opportunities and create show features based on customer feedback. We want someone with the ability to foster meaningful relationships inside and outside of the office while always being a positive, collaborative and adaptable problem solver that likes to have fun!
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
· Plan, execute and deliver the best possible experiences for our fans and exhibitors while balancing that with the financial needs of the business
· Work with the Event Director to manage the full P&L for your show portfolio including tracking, forecasting and internal reporting
· Identify new exhibitors, new content and new trends and opportunities
· Develop a long-term vision and operational plan for the onsite fan experience
· Ensure each of your events demonstrates what it means to be a pop culture event, positioning each brand correctly both internally and externally for future growth
· Act as a collaborative entrepreneur that explores new business opportunities by collecting information and leveraging insights to develop a clear understanding of our customers’ needs and objectives
· Direct sales, marketing and operational strategies in order to deliver a world class experience for our fans while also driving higher revenue and profits
· Craft and develop ongoing retention strategies, new sales tools and innovative programs that will drive annual increases in overall audience and exhibitor retention
· Create a "one team" approach through daily collaboration with our internal marketing, sales, operations, talent and content teams as well as with our external agencies and partners, both domestically and internationally
· Be innovative in your approach and always think about what new tools, ideas and solutions will authentically appeal to our audiences and improve their experience
· Maintain an eye for detail on all activations big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
· Degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
· Significant experience in managing live events with a proven track record of delivering large scale, commercially successful, consumer driven events and activations
· Ability to work outside of traditional workday hours when needed
· Must be highly collaborative with a “We” not “Me” mentality.
· Organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong sense of ownership and a true passion for pop culture, fan communities and our brands
· Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
· Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
· We are looking for a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can deliver innovative ideas to grow our business and also be capable of executing them
· Resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
· We want an empathetic, positive and humble leader that will truly care about our teams, customers and fans
· Strong conceptual planning, creative vision, production and innovation skills
· You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture
· Able to adjust and thrive within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
· Must be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
· Secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say “I don’t know” and always learn from your mistakes
· Professional level knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Some travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year
ReedPop is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world. We build fun on a daily basis and deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for fans around the globe. ReedPop is built upon a "fan first" philosophy, a culture of creativity and an office environment that is open and collaborative. We are a kind-hearted, hard-working, fun-loving group of folks who never take ourselves too seriously. Ask us what the best parts about working at ReedPop are and we’ll quickly answer “our people and the fans.” We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large global organization which provides us with the freedom to build fun new businesses and connect fans through the passions they share. Our customers include Marvel, DC Entertainment, Disney, Sony, Lucasfilm, Nintendo, Funko, Image Comics, SYFY and millions of fans from all over the planet. We are constantly hard at work, making things happen and always trying to deliver more than is expected of us. Find out more: http://www.reedpop.com
WORKING FOR REEDPOP:
ReedPop wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you're over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. We want someone who can't help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPop, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they're in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPop, we’ve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can’t wait to meet you!