About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The position reports to the Head of Accounting and Compliance SSC UK and is based in the Richmond, Greater London (UK) office. Direct reports : 4
- Responsible for managing all financial operations and providing financial reporting for the Richmond Corporate (Head Office) function, including CTech (both Programmes and Support) and Overhead costs; providing the UK SSC, the CTO and other Corporate functional Directors with dedicated and experienced financial management and governance support.
- This role will have a strong relationship with the WW ELT in order to be the Digital Financial support of any new digital development, which is crucial at the time of the development of our digital revenue.
- Acting as the tax liaison between the RELX Transfer Pricing team and the RX business units.
- As the central overhead responsible, this role will be in charge of the budget, actuals analysis and provision of the overhead costs for all UK entities and therefore will be liaising with the Head of FP&A for budgeting, monthly synapse uploads and reporting.
- Quarterly SOX testing as one of two SOX testers of all Group Finance SOX controls and review of the testing completed by business units for BU controls.
- Ensure strong financial management of Corporate, Digital and Overheads expenditure (both P&L and Capital),
- Bringing all overhead functions across UK under one single responsibility to develop more efficiency,
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting with appropriate focus for management.
- Provide business analysis and investment advice
- Engage with the risk management and governance of the function, in particular in relation to CTech Capital Expenditure programmes.
- Ensure there is appropriate transfer pricing documentation in place.
- Develop a positive “can do” attitude in the team in order to develop the Financial support to the business.
- Work with and challenge budget holders (for Corporate, Digital and Overheads costs) to ensure expenditure is managed within the parameters of the agreed budget
- Provide robust management of the cost base, identify and action any opportunities for efficiency
- Support business decision and participate to project development, especially in close relationship with the CDO and COO.
- Prepare annual budgets for all departments, including detailed Capital budgets for CTech Programmes and Infrastructure support, based on the IT strategy for the Group and for Overhead
- Provide monthly forecast updates
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reporting of actual P&L and Capital expenditure against budgets and forecasts. Monitor/ analyse variances.
- Provide the Corporate and European Head office HR dashboard.
- Lead the monthly reporting in Corporate, Digital and Overhead areas in coordination with the FP&A controller.
Financial Processes, Controls and Records
- Ensure robust financial processes and internal controls over expenditure commitments and settlement
- Ensure the maintenance of complete and accurate financial records
- Proactively review processes to drive efficiency in Corporate, digital and overheard’ s areas
- Prepare the annual AIP calculations for all Corporate staff.
- Determine and maintain a matrix for the allocation of cross business charges for CTech support and other management charges within the Reed Exhibitions group, ensuring that both commercial and tax considerations are addressed.
- Maintain a reliable system for calculating and charging worldwide management charges and intercompany CTech service/ support to Business Units.
- Calculate and recharge the subscription fee for RX Technology Tools provided by CTech to the business units.
- Review the monthly REPH allocation to Corporate and manage the annual recharge of costs to the business units. Work with other finance team members in the Finance Accounting Hub (FAH) working group to raise more awareness for resource sharing and cost efficiencies.
- Ensure recharges are communicated and actioned on a timely basis with appropriate coordination of reporting across the Group.
- Ensure that agreements between RX companies, required for all intercompany charges are in place.
- Assist the RELX transfer pricing team in preparing the local TP reports required for submission to tax authorities.
- Recommend licence fees for cross-border shows. Maintain a database of cross-border shows.
- Carry out testing to ensure that the Group Finance controls are being operated correctly.
- Review the testing carried out by BUs for the BU controls such as bank reconciliations and working capital to ensure that the controls are being operated correctly.
Technical Accounting, Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that expenditure is accounted for in line with relevant UK GAAP (for UK statutory accounts) and IFRS (for Group Reporting) and Reed Exhibitions/ RELX accounting policies.
- Monitor technical accounting developments and advise on/ implement relevant changes.
Business Analysis and project support
- Provide additional business analysis for the Group CTO and CFO as requested, including for example investment appraisal
- Proactively challenge business performance, bringing forward suggestions for improvements / further investigation and analysis
Risk and Governance
- Ensure business cases are prepared for all new technology projects.
- Proactively challenge plans and performance, bringing forward suggestions for improvements/ further investigation and analysis
Staff Recruitment and Management
- Develop internal capabilities and mentor staff to have a very dedicated team able to support other teams when necessary, especially at audit time.
- Experience of accounting for and monitoring major IT projects/ programmes and support structures is preferable
- 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of management experience
- Degree level education or equivalent experience required
- Professional certification required (CPA, CMA, ACA, CIMA)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations skills
- Comfortable managing diverse teams
- Both comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of advanced financial analysis, application of technologies in a business environment, use of Oracle EBS or other relevant GL systems
- Knowledge of IT programmes and products modelling, digital business working with agile principles
- Strong business acumen, executive presence and leadership capabilities
- Excellent understanding of financial internal controls, including SOX
- Ability to negotiate and influence key financial and non-financial executives at high level including C suite. This role requires strong business acumen, executive presence and leadership capabilities