At RX Global we are seeking driven Finance Manager who will take on all aspects to manage the UK Central Overheads. You will play a key role in running the day-to-day, month end accounting responsibilities, meeting corporate budgeting/forecasting timelines and transforming the UK Finance SSC into a centre of excellence by becoming a SME in this domain.
- Collaborate with Heads of Department for budgeting for Overheads (RTE, B2B, Central Overheads, MackBrooks and ReedPOP).
- Monitor performance against budget and dealing proactively with queries.
- Provide support and advice to heads of department in all financial aspects.
- Support with a full month end actual, budgeting and forecasting Overheads and prepare final numbers for UK Finance.
- Provide a consolidated commentary and analysis for monthly variances on labour and non-labour costs, flag risks and opportunities.
- Support the preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations for overhead accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure the consistency of reconciliations and reporting across all areas of overheads.
- Maintain FTE reconciliation to the payroll headcount file and update monthly for joiners/leavers and breakdown by function, ensuring it is loaded to Hyperion.
- Functional cost and FTE reporting and ensuring consistency across the team.
- Ensuring that the commentary of functional cost variance is completed for RELX.
- Liaising with payroll to ensure the correct activity codes are used for functional reporting and kept up to date.
- Proactively challenge overhead costs and look for savings where appropriate.
- Ensure copy actuals to current forecast in Hyperion and audit checks are carried out.
- Prepare and load the balance sheet forecasting for accruals/prepayments into Hyperion.
- Prepare the Property, Charity returns for RELX.
- Potential to get involved in system improvement projects which are ongoing
- Assist Financial Controller team for any audit or stats requirements.
Ideal candidate profile:
A service driven and pro-active finance professional who can demonstrate the following:
- Qualified through one of the recognised bodies or QBE
- Proficient in Excel
- Confidence with communicating numerical data to both financial and non-financial business partners
- A positive and organised approach, committed to achieving tight deadlines
- General accounting packages experience (Oracle GBS and Hyperion a plus)
- Ability to multitask effectively with a range of tasks and priorities
- A supportive teamwork ethic