About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The RX UK Finance SSC has been created on a couple of key principles: standardisation, consolidation and better efficiency of global processes across all UK business (UK/Mack-Brooks /Gamer/Corporate).
The successful FP&A Analyst candidate will support the Senior FP&A Finance manager in a varied role, working on but not limited to: show accounting (actuals/Budgets/Forecasting) and business partnering. The successful candidates are expected to take a proactive role in transforming the UK shared service centre into a centre of excellence.
The main elements of the job are:
- To work on all elements of the relevant portfolio accounting, including show accounting and working on all commercial financial aspects of the division
- Support the Senior FP&A Finance Managers in providing a full month end actual, budgeting and forecasting service to their portfolio and prepare final numbers for month end.
- Support the Senior FP&A Finance Manager by ensuring all show related balance sheet reconciliations are completed.
- Deputise for the Senior FP&A Finance Managers.
- Contribute to training and testing on finance systems so that our finance systems are utilised for maximum benefit. Working with the team to adopt and develop standardised accounting processes within the UK SSC, taking best practice and copying with pride
- Visit shows, carry out floor plan audits and manage cash on site.
- To assist the Senior FP&A Finance Managers and Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with any additional work required in the RX UK Finance function or elsewhere in the UK SSC finance function.
This position requires a professional person who can forge relationships with the RX teams and can demonstrate:
- Candidate to be studying towards an accounting qualification from one of the recognised bodies or QBE.
- A broad range of communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with senior organisational decision makers.
- A positive and organised approach and deadline orientated.
- A candidate who looks for continual improvement and is able to demonstrate a track record of process improvement and challenging existing ways of working.
- Experience on appropriate accounting software packages (experience of Hyperion an advantage) with excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to multi task effectively with a range of tasks and priorities.