About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Background to the role
Within RX, we are building a global Digital Centre of Excellence which aims to place digital technology at the centre of the events business. Our goals are to roll out and further develop our global events platform, grow digital product revenues, and identify and grow new digital business opportunities that will in turn help our customers to grow their businesses. The Centre of Excellence represents an exciting opportunity for digital product managers, analysts and data-driven leaders who want to help lead and grow a new team that will have global impact, taking advantage of a new global momentum around connecting and trading digitally, and supporting a wide range of industry sectors to build their businesses back better after the pandemic.
About the Global Head of Product Analytics
The Global Head of Product Analytics is a critical leadership role within our Digital Centre of Excellence and will lead a data and analytics team to develop and implement a data and analytics service that helps us to design and deliver new digital products, and grow to digital product revenues. It reports to the Chief Digital Product Officer.
You will apply advanced analytics methods and tools to build a performance framework, create a structured approach to collecting data, monitor and report progress, and support implementation at global, national, and event level. Your insights will drive our digital strategy, allowing us to understand what is working and how to keep learning and iterating as we launch new products. You will work closely with our global product and tech teams; our business unit event, sales and marketing teams; and other corporate stakeholders like Strategy and Finance.
The Global Head of Product Analytics will recruit and develop a small team of around 5 analysts. In this role you will have the freedom to hire the team you’ve always wanted to have, be expected to have rapid commercial impact on the business by deploying your team against our biggest opportunities, and help other analysts grow and develop in their careers. It would be an ideal step up if you have led or mentored smaller teams and are looking for a leadership growth opportunity in addition to demonstrating your proven analytical horsepower and commercial acumen. We expect that success in this role would lead to further career opportunities including wider business responsibilities, based on your achieving a deep understanding of our business and its growth drivers.
We are therefore looking for an analytical leader with
- A strong background in statistical analysis, with relevant degree-level qualifications
- Broad experience of creating approaches for new data collection, metric and KPI development, both commercial (e.g., product penetration and revenue) and user-driven (e.g., user engagement, retention, churn). You will be able to deal with ambiguity, missing data, multiple types of data, and complex situations
- The ability to structure problems and manage a portfolio of projects
- Experience of measuring, monitoring and reporting progress against targets, and generating recommendations for action
- Strong stakeholder management skills, to drive insights through to impact with a range of teams including product, sales and marketing teams, as well as presenting to executive leadership
- Understanding of different analytics solutions and experience in using web scale platforms such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics, as well as standard business systems such as Salesforce, Eloqua, and Power BI. Some understanding of ad tech as well as product analytics would be desirable but not essential
- A passion for developing others, and experience in coaching and mentoring analysts, helping them to learn new skills and balance competing priorities
Typical projects led or supported by the Global Head of Product Analytics could include
- Traffic analysis for www.eurogamer.net, providing recommendations on how to optimise the site to grow subscription revenues
- Evaluation of a new B2B digital marketplace experiment for RX’s optical sector trade shows in North America
- Understanding global sales trends for digital products sold as part of our face-to-face events (e.g., digital product catalogs, banner advertising) to understand which sales teams are selling most successfully, and which value propositions are getting most traction with customers
- Looking across our 10 largest markets to establish optimum pricing for a digital show visitor tracking application that we launched a year ago
- Working with a product team in China to develop a set of metrics for measuring user engagement and commercial success on their local WeChat application for the homeware and gifting sector
- Optimising the collection of user data from our event visitor registration service, to help us better understand our customers’ interests