Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
- Do you love consulting but want to be closer to seeing the impact of your work?
- Do you want to remain in a consulting role but have a better work / life balance?
- Do you want to eventually work in a fast-moving global business but aren’t sure what role you would want, or you are not yet ready to leave a consulting role?
If you said yes to any of these questions you should consider this opportunity! We are looking for an experienced revenue management / pricing strategy consultant to establish and lead a revenue management team. The manager will use their consulting skills, leadership presence and subject matter experience to run revenue management projects across the global portfolio and build organisational capacity in revenue management.
The new Group Revenue Management team will function as an internal consulting team dedicated to improving revenue management practice and performance across Reed Exhibitions. It will work with senior business leadership to develop revenue management/pricing strategies and build capability in their businesses. The type of projects you will work on include:
- Developing analytics and operational tools to enable an innovative Value Led Selling approach
- Supporting a new acquisition to rapidly implement best practices for revenue and profit growth.
- Developing pricing strategies for new products e.g. multi-channel propositions
- Developing revenue management strategies for a portfolio of events across multiple countries but with a group of shared customers
The team will report into the Reed Exhibitions Group Strategy Director and is part of the Group Commercial function. The group commercial function is a close-knit, high performing team that works on the difficult questions for our business. It’s areas of work include M&A, sales and marketing analytics and portfolio development. We place a high importance on the professional growth of our team members and intend this new team to move on and up within Reed Exhibitions and RELX. The manager will be supported by one analyst, recruited by them manager once in post. The position is based in the Reed Exhibitions office in Richmond (Greater London), and will report to the Reed Exhibitions Group Strategy Director. The role will require travel (approx 1 week in 8) to our various global offices for project meetings and workshops.
The Role: The Manager will lead a small team to
1. Lead the design and management of revenue management consulting projects that deliver transformational impact:
- Define the objectives, deliverables, scope, approach and timeline
- Develop an analytics-driven problem solving approach to form insights and then recommendations
- Lead interactive workshops to generate hypotheses
- Design market research surveys to capture insights from customers
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop actionable recommendations
- Prepare persuasive & compelling presentations to communicate the case for change
- Ready the business to implement and then measure the project recommendations
- Follow up and review the impact of the recommendations, capturing the learnings
- Select and use these projects to develop, demonstrate and spread best practices
2. Define, document, communicate and support adoption of revenue management best practices:
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders e.g. business leaders, digital product owners, business unit specialists and the RELX Group Strategic Pricing Team
- Support, animate and lead the expert community for revenue management
- Develop and execute workshops, webinars, presentations and training sessions
- Providing informal, ad-hoc advice to colleagues
- Support the specification and recruitment of local revenue management / pricing team members
3. Develop systems and processes for measuring the impact of revenue management activity and impact
4. Lead innovation in revenue management
- Develop experiments and tests with measurable results
- Seek out local innovation and then nurture and communicate
- Gathering intelligence on revenue management from the broader events industry and outside
Ideal Candidate Profile
Strategic Consulting Skills
- Applies superior analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and structured problem-solving skills to gather internal and external data and quickly understand a business problem
- Uses strong business judgment and strategic mindset to bring new thinking and change to organizations
- Has a great sense for how to present data and information visually to make the message compelling and memorable to non experts
- Bridges the gap between the big picture and the operational details needed for implementation
- Contributes to developing a culture of analytical inquisitiveness and rigorous and creative hypothesis-driven problem solving
- Comfortable with the detail required for successful project and change management
- Uses strong leadership presence to inspire confidence in stakeholders, expert colleagues and project participants
- Engages easily with and presents compellingly and convincingly to senior executives
- Laser-focused on creating lasting impact for Reed Exhibitions
- Comfortable and effective in a complex multi-national and multi-product environment, with many stakeholders
Qualifications and Experiences
- Strategic management consulting with specialisation in revenue management, business model design and/or strategic pricing
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Finance, Economics, Science, Mathematics, Engineering etc.) required. MBA preferred
- 5+ years (or 2+ post-MBA) experience in a management consulting (internal strategy role could be considered but consulting experience preferred)