RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
At RX we connect customers and communities worldwide through our face-to-face and digital events.
Our passion, combined with our local market expertise, enables us to produce and deliver tailor made B2B and B2C events for the 43 industry sectors we serve - from jewellery to travel, engineering to pop culture, entertainment, real estate, security, hospitality and many more. Underpinned by our skilled teams in digital, data and technology innovation - whether on-line or in-person - each of our events is carefully crafted to provide compelling content, efficient networking and prosperous deal-making opportunities to maximise return on investment for our customers.
RXUK has exciting opportunity for an experienced and high calibre Head of Key Accounts to manage and drive our high value portfolio of key customers. Most clients are substantial, high profile accounts spanning broad geographic areas, representing significant revenue with diverse and complex needs.
The Head of Key Accounts is a critical role in accelerating growth across our portfolio of in person and digital events. The Head of Key Accounts will lead a growing sales team, focused on excellent account management and strategically identifying and driving growth from “soon to be” key accounts.
You will have a proven track record of sales and key account management within a B2B environment have a tenacious, can-do approach with a growth mindset. The ability to build rapport with existing clients is vital, as are strong leadership qualities.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at an assigned group of customer accounts.
- Develop sales and go-to-market strategies for each customer sector in partnership with marketing and event leadership teams
- Identifies, develops and closes new sales opportunities within client group.
- Creates demand for RX products and services by raising the organisations profile with customers and articulating value aligned to customer objectives and problems
- Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand needs and link them to RX's product/service strategies.
- Exceeds revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account.
- Drive Sales Excellence including targeting, pipeline management, forecasting and accurate reporting
- Line management responsibilities including regular 1:1’s, professional development, Sales management, coaching, objective setting/monitoring and pastoral responsibilities
Ideal candidate profile:
- Ability to develop customer relationships at senior levels and support the management and interaction with of high value customer accounts
- Demonstrable experience of working with C-suite customers
- Knowledge of Value Based Sales approach
- Proven ability to lead and manage a sales team and instilling an effective performance culture, with consistency and quality
- Ability to act as an inspirational leader with charisma and energy
- Interpersonal Skills: Negotiates sales terms with considerable discretion at high levels of client organisations.
- Ability to define a sales strategy and supporting campaigns to execute against a set of targets
- Experience of reporting, budgeting / forecasting and associated processes and policies
- Experience of building trusted internal relationships and maintaining an open two-way conversation with key stakeholder groups
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and other functions to ensure successful implementation of a matrixed business model
- Willingness to travel as required
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in managing a team using Salesforce, ideally with implementation experience
- Experience in driving sales performance using data, gamification and other sales technologies
- Knowledge of Travel Industry