About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
This position is based in our HQ offices in Richmond, Greater London, UK and will report directly to the Brand Director.
We're hiring a talented, commercially minded Head of Pricing and Insights to lead the Pricing and Insights team within the UK RX business hub that Supports UK, Russia, Middle East, India and Turkey offices and products based at our corporate Head Office in Richmond upon Thames.
We are looking for an analytical and creative problem solver to partner with the business to drive the improvement of pricing maturity and the elevation in understanding of the following concepts: value management, revenue management, and pricing. This role also oversees the customer insights capability for the UK business and oversees a small team of both business analysts and a CI Manager.
This role plays a key role in maintaining the customer-focused aim of the business, and you must be passionate about driving forward customer led strategy and innovation.
We offer you a great place to work, located in a modern office a 1-minute walk from Richmond Station, flexible working, the opportunity to significantly contribute to the strategy and business operating plans of some of the leading brands in RX.
The requirements for this role include, but are not limited to:
1. Manage projects that deliver revenue management insights and identify revenue generating opportunities.
- Collection and synthesis of internal and external data to deliver insights which can inform revenue and pricing strategy recommendations at show and business unit level
- Construction of analyses, including modelling scenarios, customer impact, and determining revenue impact of recommendations
- Prepare presentations to communicate the project insights, recommendations, and key business impacts.
- Support the business to implement project recommendations, including working with training, sales, marketing, digital, operations, and event management
- Assess performance of implemented pricing strategies
2. Familiarity and oversight of a wide range of customer insights projects using qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as usability testing, ethnography, focus groups, IDI’s, journey mapping, online surveys, competitor analysis, and panel research). It would also be advantageous for you to have a good understanding of global panel research & behavioural economics
3. Monitor performance versus key metrics and objectives, including benchmarking capabilities such as:
- Improvements to revenue and profitability of all product types
- Floor planning yield management
- Adoption of value led pricing concepts
- Adoption of customer insights and customer segmentation to ensure customer satisfaction levels and revenues balanced
The ideal candidate profile:
- Excellent analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and structured problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strategic and tactical thinking abilities with ability to bridge the gap between the big picture and the operational details
- Visual thinking skills – present data and information in a visual way to make the message more compelling and memorable
- Experience providing analytical and strategic support to a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior management and sales team
- Experience analysing revenue trends, pricing and sales data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to present data and information in a clear, logical format
- Excellent time management skills; project management skills a plus
- Commercial acumen –a proven track record in producing ideas, analyses and recommendations that are commercially grounded and ultimately drives revenue development
- Works well independently, yet collaboratively to achieve the best possible solution for all parties
- Ability to assimilate and deliver requirements from multiple stakeholders at multiple levels
- Effective communicator with the ability to work well cross-functionally/ in matrix management environment
- Strong team management
- Collaborative and relationship-focused; a proven team player who is able to forge connections with a diverse group of colleagues
- Self-motivated and results-orientated; internally driven to produce excellent, impactful work
- Confident to challenge status quo, ask questions to gain clarity and to suggest alternatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity –willing and able to make sensible assumptions when necessary
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Business, Finance, Economics, Science, Mathematics, Engineering
- Experience in an analytical, financial or strategy role in a management consulting or corporate environment
- Experience in revenue management and/or pricing considered a plus