The HR Manager is the key leader of the HR function within the Singapore & Indonesia business unit and will be responsible for the full spectrum of HR activities. This role will work closely with the VP, HR and MD to drive the planning, co-ordination and delivery of strategic and operational HR initiatives and processes which assist the business in addressing talent opportunities and achieving overall business objectives.
The role will span all aspects of HR including but not limited to recruitment, induction, training, performance management, talent development, succession planning, employee engagement & communication, culture, reward & recognition, compensation & benefits and payroll administration.
The SIM hub incorporates Malaysia, where our business operations are currently dormant. Should these business operations resume, responsibility for Malaysia would be incorporated into the scope of this role.
RX (Reed Exhibitions) is the world’s leading organiser of trade and consumer exhibitions with over 500 events in 43 countries, bringing together over 7 million active participants worldwide. The company employs almost 3.500 employees in 41 offices around the globe. In Singapore, RX runs around 5 events per year, in industries such as Maritime, Building and TV. In Indonesia, RX runs around 2 events per year, mainly in the maternity/baby sector.
With a variety of shows (as above) and service teams (Finance, IT, Operations, Marketing, Digital) across the business, HR provides support to all of these in a neutral, confidential capacity.
- Work closely with the VP, HR to develop the HR strategy to meet the organisation’s business objectives
- Advise the management team on HR strategy, initiatives policies and processes
- Roll out global and regional HR initiatives as advised by the VP, HR
- Provide sound advice and guidance to both managers and employees, acting as a business partner and confidante to resolve workplace issues effectively
- Lead and/or oversee the hiring, on-boarding and exit processes in partnership with line managers
- Ensure strong programs are in place to identify, develop and retain employees
- Provide guidance for training and development initiatives to address performance opportunities and gaps
- Develop and execute best practices to promote employee engagement, culture and communication (especially around Employee Opinion Survey areas)
- Manage the key talent processes such as annual performance review, bonus plans/payment, salary increment etc, ensuring they are well executed
- Ensure strong reward, recognition and benefits practices are in place to drive a high performing workforce and retain staff
- Manage headcount and monitor labour costs in association with Finance to ensure adherence to HR budgets
- Oversee the payroll processing & related tax reporting
- Participate and contribute as a member of the APAC HR team and attend calls/meetings when scheduled
- Support the VP, HR where required with any requested duties within the SIM region
- Undertake any other projects or duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in HR (tertiary level qualification)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR, with at least 2 years leadership experience
- Experience working across a broad spectrum of HR elements
- Strong knowledge of Singapore labour laws and practices; knowledge of Indonesia labour laws and practices is desirable
- Demonstrated credibility, with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing & relationship building skills to engage with managers
- High level of discretion and confidentiality to engender trust with employees
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach
- Personable, approachable manner
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Time management
- Ability to multi task and manage competing priorities
- Strong organisational skills