ReedPop produces some of the biggest pop culture events in the world, and this job plays an important role in bringing those experiences to life.
As our Marketing Coordinator, you will work directly with the Marketing and Events teams, to drive brand awareness, attendee acquisition and attendee retention for our Comic Con Portfolio of events, including New York Comic Con, C2E2, Emerald City Comic Con, and Florida Supercon.
Our ideal candidate is a positive, dynamic, results-driven digital marketing expert. We are looking for a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can deliver digital campaigns that will fulfill event and merchandise strategies for new customer acquisition & retention of existing customers.
You’ll work closely with your marketing colleagues to develop content for both paid social media and email campaigns, along with delivering new marketing strategies and social media engagement tactics. We are looking for someone enthusiastic about the events we produce and excited about creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our audiences.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Marketing Director to execute the marketing and paid ad strategies for our Comic Con Portfolio
- Track and measure key metrics (ROI and KPIs) of all marketing initiatives and proactively keep manager informed of status and deliverables
- Execute a comprehensive social media paid ad plan and email communications calendar focused on attendee acquisition, retention, and customer engagement
- Work with internal research team and partners to turn data and actionable insights into digital content
- Regularly update copy and assets for digital campaigns and create and deploy email campaigns
- Maintain an eye for detail and quality on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
- Proactively seek out the latest trends in marketing and advertising to help us achieve our audience acquisition and retention goals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of marketing consumer products, event marketing or relevant and related experience is required
- Excellent copywriting, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in digital marketing, consumer insights, social platforms, brand positioning, and marketing analytics
- Professional level knowledge of social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok) and their corresponding ad management platforms (Facebook Business Suite, Google Ad Manager, TikTok Ads Manager, etc.)
- Ability to travel 6-8 times per year domestically or internationally as needed
- Organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong sense of ownership and a true passion for pop culture, fan communities and the brands we work with
- Resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
- Able to adjust and thrive within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Must be highly collaborative with a “We” not “Me” mentality. Be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
- Secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say “I don’t know” and always learn from your mistakes
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience running targeted, high-return ad campaigns preferred
- College degree in Marketing or related field preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) or designing branded marketing assets with Canva
- Knowledge of or contacts in the pop culture industry are an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to work flexibly on different events and projects. Our marketing team is very collaborative, so you may be asked to work on additional ReedPop events or projects as bandwidth allows
As a global pop culture events and media business, ReedPop has an extensive stable of respected events, editorial websites and video channels. These range from mainstream digital brands such as Eurogamer, to more specialist sites dedicated to PC, board games and pop culture. Our live events include New York Comic Con, the PAX events, EGX, MCM Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, Star Trek Mission, C2E2, and over a dozen more.
Our success has come from creating authoritative, trusted content for global audiences, whether that be via written word or video across any of our digital sites and channels, or at live events where we create amazing experiences for our fans alongside opportunities for our exhibitors and sponsors to grow their businesses.
Working at ReedPop is a unique experience and an awesome opportunity, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in your passions while building a career that lets you work on the things you love. We are fully committed to embracing diverse talent and opinions and creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
Please visit www.reedpop.com to find out more.
If you can demonstrate that you have the passion and knowledge to take on the role described above, we’d love to hear from you, even if you don't tick every requirement.
Please consider uploading a cover letter along with your application, as we’d love to hear more about your interests and career ambitions, in addition to the usual career summary found in a CV or resumé.