At Reed Exhibitions (RX) we’re in the business of building businesses. But what you might not see, is the fun we have doing it. We run over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors EVERY YEAR - from smaller B2B exhibitions and conferences to massive 70,000 attendee B2C conventions (and everything in between). Our team is driven, authentic and passionate, and we absolutely love what we do.
RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
About the team & role:
The Marketing Coordinator oversees day-to-day marketing activities for the marketing department, especially ownership of community and content.
Working closely with the Marketing Executive Leader, the Marketing Operations Team, Marketing Managers, Brands Managers and Event Directors you will communicate with customers using specific brand language, tones and codes.
As Marketing Coordinator, you will proactively suggest, create, monitor and improve content for our specific target audiences. You will also deliver that content through multiple customer touch points, including social, web, email and print.
You will understand that a job done with creativity, attention-to-detail and a strategic purpose is a job well done and saves time in the end. You will work closely with Brand Managers to execute on a strategic vision and deliver on annual KPIs.
You will also be a proactive member of the marketing department, turning any newly acquired knowledge and training into action and improvement.
This is a permanent full-time role to be based in Sydney with the possibility of combined home/office-based arrangements to have flexible work-life balance.
What’s in this role for you?
- A fast paced and a global leader in events sector to work in where no two days are the same.
- The opportunity to work with a fun and dynamic team.
- A chance to showcase your organisational and copywriting skills and let them shine.
- Opportunity to develop your career with a leading global.
- Your birthday is a bonus holiday every year.
- Get an extra wellness day holiday every year.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns.
- Design, execute and monitor social media campaigns.
- Take ownership of assigned communities, including driving target customer engagement on all agreed channels.
- Writing copy for marketing collateral, including social, email and website.
- Work closely with Brand Managers to achieve maximum effectiveness at all levels of the marketing funnel.
- Monitoring ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur.
- Understanding the events and target customer profiles.
- Undertaking ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met.
- Assisting in the production of ongoing competitor analysis and reporting, with particular reference to pricing, presentation and promotion.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- We value experience but we value curiosity and a thirst for marketing knowledge above all else.
- We value academic achievement and therefore prefer candidates with a marketing (or similar) qualification.
- Strong project management, communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the sales/marketing/purchasing funnel.
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to adapt and be flexible to changing environments.
To learn more about opportunities with RX or RELX Global, join us here:
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible – apply now to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.