Situated in the heart of St Albans, a 20-minute train commute from London, RX St Albans is a leading international trade fair organiser of B2B events. The company organises targeted trade exhibitions around the world, in diverse industrial sectors, such as engineering, transport, infrastructure and industrial manufacturing. The portfolio of events covers specialised areas including sheet metal working, airport technology, rail technology, tunnelling, chemicals, fastening and fixing technology, corrugated and carton manufacturing, paper, film and foil converting, printing and packaging. Established in 1965, the company is a business unit of Reed Exhibitions (RX). Come and be part of it!
Reed Exhibitions (RX) is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We are growing our new business sales team and have several openings for dynamic and driven Sales Executive’s focused on generating new business and growth across our portfolio of industry leading international events and products. Your role will be to immerse yourself in a range of industry sectors under the RX UK portfolio, secure new business and to hit and exceed targets. The ideal candidates will have experience selling across multiple industry sectors and have an ambitious, pro-active approach.
Most importantly they will have a growth mindset, incredible attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
- Outlining a new business plan with defined targets and actively working towards achieving them
- Creating strategies and developing unique selling propositions to reach new business prospects successfully and secure meetings to present our offering
- Overseeing and supporting new business opportunities from beginning to successful outcomes
- Managing the new business pipeline by identifying and generating new leads
- Building relationships with new clients, understand their needs and working with functions across the business to develop new proposals to address them
- Attending conferences and events to build relationships with key prospects and industry bodies
- Participate in regular sales meetings with the senior leadership team to provide new business updates
- Work with wider team on any cross sales opportunities
- Proactive pipeline and revenue management including weekly and monthly reporting
Ideal candidate profile:
- Experience in sales and new business development, preferably experience of Value Based Selling
- German or Turkish language skills will be beneficial
- Track record of winning significant new business from clients in a B2B environment, including digital
- Self-motivated, resilient, and confident sales professional with a determined, mature approach
- Ability to build relationships quickly and influence thinking
- Creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of Sales Systems (Salesforce would be desirable)
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym discount
We want RX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities, and benefit from pay equality. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, age, caring responsibilities, pregnancy and maternity or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future.