WHO WE ARE:
Reed Exhibitions is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we’re helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer-based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast-paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we’d like to meet you!
Our Operations team is a highly collaborative group that supports all US trade shows and events through the management of on-site official contractors, venue, food service, hotel and travel, shuttle buses, security, health and safety, floor plans, and production of the exhibitor manual. We coordinate on-site requirements such as audio visual, catering, overall show decoration and signage, move-in and move-out schedules, construction of show management booths, and special events as required. We are fast-paced and dynamic—changing priorities require agility, flexibility, and the ability to stay calm under pressure. We share our work, celebrate our successes, and learn from our experiences. The bonds forged here help us grow not only our careers, but also build deep and lasting friendships.
OPERATIONS MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
Reed Exhibitions is looking for an experienced and motivated Operations Manager to join our team. The Operations Manager will oversee pre-show planning and on-site management of operational aspects of assigned shows (B2B and/or B2C). They will manage projects to meet performance standards and be responsible for portions of show budgets. The ideal candidate is very proactive, has excellent communication skills and is looking to build relationships both with internal stakeholders and external customers and vendors. They will be responsible for show execution, planning and budgeting throughout the entire show cycle. The Operations Manager will collaborate across various departments and represent RX and the Operations team in a professional manner during pre-show site visits (as needed) as well as on-site at assigned shows.
Specifically, Operations Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing operational aspects on assigned events with the ability to delegate assignments and areas of responsibility to other operational staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all logistics for the event are presented to vendors and other internal teams (marketing, sales, conference, etc.)
- Overseeing all operational deliverables (even those that other operational staff are working on), being a point of contact for the event team for operational tasks
- Lead, manage, deliver and own your event operations including working with show team, venues and suppliers
- Communicate the detailed delivery plan with clear accountability pre-event to ensure exceptional delivery onsite.
- Organize post event debriefs, to continuously improve the events, and cascade internally to show teams as well as to the vendors and suppliers.
- The ability to manage total show operational budgets and provide accurate forecasts to the Event Director and finance team.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain strong working relationships with show teams, vendors, venues, etc.
- 5-7 years in a relevant tradeshow operations execution role
- An established track record of delivering operational success in the B2B or B2C space.
- Previously working closely with event teams: Event Directors, Marketing, Sales and Finance departments.
- A college degree and/or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work in a vendor management web-based system
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well with people in a service-oriented fashion
- Ability to travel and attend multiple trade shows, conferences, and site visits
- Multitasking skills with the ability to organize and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ambitious, energetic, positive, and inquisitive constantly looking for ways to improve and build upon successes or learnings.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the event, someone who takes time to listen to our customers (internal/external) and always looking to exceed expectations and find solutions