Oxford or London, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Do you enjoy taking ownership for delivering successful projects?
Would you like to be part of a multi-functional project team creating value in an agile environment?
About our Team
We are a team of Project Management professionals who provide strategic and transformational change for our business via digital business solutions. We collaborate globally and work cross-functionally to ensure flawless and robust projects and enhancements. We deliver a variety of successful technology projects that create value and provide inspired solutions for our customers and business.
About the Role
You will take ownership for driving, managing and delivering simple to moderate portfolio investment projects to deliver business outcomes within the Investment Portfolio. You will project-manage cross-functional teams by working closely with all aspects of the product development community. You will build development road maps, manage project schedules & budgets, and collaborate to resolve issues in one or more Business Units.
· Taking ownership of the full Project-Lifecyle and effectively communicating project status to completion
· Managing all phases of the project through the Product Development process to ensure alignment
· Aligning project deliverables and tasks to vision/strategy.
· Negotiating with the Engineering Resource Managers to demand and review resource allocation for projects
· Maintaining compliance with corporate and public regulations to ensure all are met
· Identifying and making recommendations for improvement to existing processes and procedures
· Be able to travel and work either in our London office or Oxford office at least once a month
· Be able to show skills in project management and delivering results in a global matrix organisation through managing multiple projects
· Have great knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall), and of industry best practices
· Be able to communicate and negotiate constructively with internal and stockholders
· Display experience delivering on projects of various sizes and durations
· Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
· Have some knowledge project planning tools such as Microsoft Viso, Project, Planner, and Teams, Miro, Confluence, Jira
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
· Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
We want to protect your health, help you accumulate wealth and secure your future. We are therefore delighted to offer:
· Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
· Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance
· Tax-free childcare support
· Parental leave options
· Health screening and private medical benefits
· Season ticket loan
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.