WHO WE ARE:
Reed Exhibitions is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we’re helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put we before me and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we’d like to meet you!
ABOUT THE SHOW:
JIS (Jewelers International Showcase) is one of the premier jewelry trade-show event brands in the Western Hemisphere. JIS launched its first show in 1979 to meet the seasonal buying needs of retailers and the shows have continued to grow and expand ever since. With 3 shows a year in Miami Beach and one in Las Vegas, JIS brings the jewelry industry and its business to some of the most desired destinations in the world. The South Florida Shows bring retailers from the South East United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean; the Las Vegas Show is produced in partnership with the famous JCK Las Vegas; and JIS Shows (and destinations) are only growing with a new show launching later this year in another popular travel destination. With the new addition, JIS will have 5 exciting shows each year, with exhibitors and attendees traveling from around the world to participate. JIS maintains its 40 year heritage and legacy in the jewelry industry while continuing to upgrade and reinvent itself with new events, new exhibitors, new shows, etc. If you want to work on an event that inspires and encourages creativity, this is it.
WHAT’S EXCITING ABOUT THIS JOB?
The Sales Executive for JIS will be joining an experienced team with deep knowledge and experience on the JIS show. Working on this well-established brand, you will prospect for new business and develop existing accounts within your territory. You will sell not only booth space, but promotional opportunities and digital products to help customers showcase their brand and exceed their goals for the show. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced B2B salesperson who is able to manage a large customer base, is highly consultative and skilled at building deep customer relationships.
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
The Sales Executive is responsible for achieving exhibit space sales goals through prospecting and driving new business. You should be excited by prospecting for new business and calling on new prospects to build the show and add to the diversity of our customer base.
Will work closely with Event Management to develop selling strategy aimed at augmenting and cultivating an assigned territory of prospects and potential customers. Work with Event Management and Partner on an ongoing basis to identify new segments, territories, and opportunities that fit into the overall event strategy and drive continued product development. Regularly provide Management with forecasts against the sales strategy and budget. Continue to drive Media Sales opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Sales Management to develop individual selling strategy designed to generate pipeline of prospects and ultimately drive sales to ensure 100% attainment of sales target for booth and media sales.
- Achieve productivity standards and adhere to all selling process best practices and standards including - inputting accurate and complete data, managing territory, daily output goals, weekly strike rates, assigned budgets, etc.
- Proactively monitor industry trends, competitive environment, climate, players, distribution and issues to make recommendations regarding sales strategy on specific events
- Sell at competitive shows and prepare competitive show analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner, including recommended actions necessary to increase sales from these leads
- Manage and broaden Exhibitor Prospect Lists and generate targeted lists to increase the probability of sales
- Utilize all internal tools to create a more effective and efficient selling environment
- Forecast revenue projections
- Oversee the attainment of signed contracts and ensure that payments for all space reservations are made in full and sent to the lockbox on time
- Participate in training programs and role plays
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Enjoy cold calling and prospecting for new business
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be a solution based thinker with a love for executing the details
- Have the ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines
- Be a team player
- Be highly organized
- Demonstrate self-confidence
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLSETS:
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Knowledge of sales, particularly telephone sales techniques
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize sales data systems
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills with a solution based mindset
- Demonstrates personal motivation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel (advanced knowledge preferred), Word and Power Point
Two or more years prior sales experience required;
The job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO and maintain up to date vaccination as recommended by the CDC. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.