Working For Reed Exhibitions International Sales Group (ISG):
The International Sales Group is a global division of one of the largest media companies in the world (RELX). Our purpose is to consult with North American companies to globalize their business through our vast portfolio of international trade shows.
If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment, is naturally curious, has an entrepreneurial spirit and loves building global relationships – you’ll fit right in! We look for people who are resilient, driven, open, goal oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
Our work is a lifestyle. Our culture welcomes questions, innovative ideas, strategic thinking, fun and continuous development. There’s a lot to learn and we encourage risk taking.
We take the time to form deep rooted relationships with our clients, colleagues and partners to understand their needs and ensure we exceed their expectations, every time. Face to face business is at the core of what we do – so whether it’s jumping on a plane, traveling by car or train we always go the extra mile.
In the International Sales Group (ISG), we’ve found that honest, down to earth, open minded people are the core of who we are and what we do. If you took the time to read this and think it’s the right fit – we’re excited to hear from you!
What’s this role all about?
A unique opportunity to work with North American companies to sell them into Reed Exhibitions international trade shows. Your goal is to help them grow their business through exports. This dynamic role involves work across multiple cultures, industry sectors and government agencies.
What’s my day look like?
• Create a strong pipeline of clients via cold calls, competitive & networking events
• Manage a portfolio of 5-10 events across multiple industries and regularly report progress to management
• Travel locally and globally to develop relationships and sales opportunities with prospects and clients alike
• Build, manage and maintain relationships with overseas colleagues/internal clients
• Develop relationships with industry associations and relevant government agencies
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a strong and proven consultative sales track record with digital sales experience
• Ability to connect, partner and co-create solution based packages with C-level level security decision makers
• Drive new business opportunities through prospecting
• Be an entrepreneurial spirit
• Have a solution based thinker with a love for executing the details
• Possess the ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines
• Be a team player
• Be highly organized
• Demonstrate Self-confidence
What types of skills are needed for this role?
At least 3-5 years’ experience in sales / digital sales background.
Cultural awareness, proactivity, follow through, accountability, flexibility, leadership qualities, and organization. LinkedIn, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Fluency in other languages is helpful but not required.
Travel both domestic and international required (30% approx.)