SALES MANAGER – INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE EXHIBITIONS
RX is a global division of one of the largest media companies in the world (RELX). Our sales office in New York City consults with North American companies to globalize their business through our portfolio of international exhibitions and events serving the Commercial Real Estate industry working across all sectors: tech, investors, tenants and developers.
Face to face business is at the core of what we do. If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic multi-cultural and international environment, is naturally curious, has an entrepreneurial spirit and loves building global relationships – you’ll fit right in!
We take the time to form deep rooted relationships with our clients, colleagues and partners to understand their needs and ensure we exceed their expectations, every time. We look for people who are resilient, driven, open, goal oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
What's this role all about?
RX organizes in the city of Cannes, France the largest international real estate and retail/hospitality events – MIPIM and MAPIC; and a fast-growing proptech and innovation exhibition in New York.
If you have 3 to 5 years of sales experience, experience in the commercial real estate industry with strong B2B sales experience, our New York-based events sale team is actively hiring. Your goal will be to help our exhibitors and sponsors find new opportunities to grow their businesses and grow their share on the international market. This is a unique opportunity to work internationally with the commercial real estate, tech and retail communities in North America.
We are particularly interested in a candidate who will thrive learning about game-changing technology and innovations to help grow our PropTech verticals. If you are curious about the built environment, how skyscrapers rise, how technology is making buildings greener and smarter, and how brands evolve in the brick-and-click environment, this position will expose you to the innovations shaping commercial real estate, retail and hospitality.
What does my day look like?
- Create a strong pipeline of clients via cold calls, organic research, competitive & networking events
- Manage a portfolio of 3 different events throughout the year in Cannes, New York and Asia and regularly report progress to management
- Consult clients daily on a mix of exhibiting, sponsorships, advertising and networking opportunities in addition to digital subscriptions and other added value services
- Travel to develop relationships and sales opportunities with prospects and clients alike
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with overseas colleagues/internal clients
- Develop relationships with industry associations and relevant government agencies
The ideal candidate…
- Has sales experience and ready to move into an exhibition sale manager position to take on an existing client portfolio while prospecting new leads and turning them into long-term partners
- Has proven consultative sales track record with experience that can transfer seamlessly to the B2B world of international exhibitions and events targeting real estate and retail
- Ability to connect, partner and co-create solution-based packages with senior level executives
- Drive new business opportunities through prospecting
- Be an entrepreneurial spirit
- Have a solution-based approach with a love for executing the details
- Possess the ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines
- Thrive in an international multi-cultural environment that cherishes diversity
- Be a team player and highly organized
- Demonstrate self-confidence
What types of skills are needed for this role ?
At least 3-5 years’ experience in sales. Cultural awareness, proactivity, follow through, accountability, flexibility, leadership qualities, and organization. SalesForce, LinkedIn, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel both domestic and international required (up to 30% approx.)
The job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO and maintain up to date vaccination as recommended by the CDC. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.