Following recent strong results and an upturn in our sector, we have an exciting opportunity to join The London Book Fair (LBF) which is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with a passion for winning and delivering results for their team and also their customers. As part of the role you will manage your own sales territory and be responsible for identifying new targets, developing new business and nurturing existing accounts to ensure future growth.
The role will be split between office based and working from home, with opportunities for international travel throughout the year to visit clients and attend competitor exhibitions (sometimes including weekends).
• Improve retention and growth of the existing business through strategic account management
• Joint responsibility for all sectors of the event including sales planning, campaign management, forecasting, and achieving the sales target.
• Develop robust sales strategies to counteract competitive events
• Communication across all disciplines (marketing, operations, PR) to ensure market intelligence is shared in order to maximise on potential opportunities
• Use market knowledge to input into the overall strategic direction of the show
• Accurately and efficiently manage the sales tracker and floor plan
• Have a creative approach to sales, creating packages bespoke to the client through use of digital sponsorship initiatives and VAS
Ideal candidate profile:
This position requires a well-motivated and confident sales professional who can demonstrate:
• Proven experience in consultative, value-based selling and objection handling
• Creativity and initiative in a sales environment
• A proven record of negotiating and securing new business
• An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
• Ability to maximise revenue from existing customers demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas
• Personal drive, ambition, and enthusiasm for sales with a proven ability to beat targets
• An ability to build long-term, sustainable, and profitable relationships with customers and be seen as part of the industry community
• The ability to travel for business, on some cases over the weekend
• Previous experience with Salesforce or similar CRM is preferred
• An interest in, or experience working within publishing is preferential but not essential