About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
World Travel Market, the leading global event for the travel industry, is the must-attend business-to-business exhibition for the worldwide travel and tourism industry. Almost 50,000 senior travel industry professionals, government ministers and international press, embark on ExCeL - London every November to network, negotiate and discover the latest industry opinion and trends at WTM. WTM London unlocks the ideas that will shape the world’s dreams and plans for travel over the next five years.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Sales Manager to work within the WTM Portfolio selling across two key events (WTM London and ATM) as well as supporting sales across WTM Africa and WTM Latin America. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, organized, and adaptable, and will need to demonstrate a strong desire to be part of a sales team that delivers the world's leading international B2B travel and tourism events. The role will involve account management, region development and a big emphasis on new business.
- Generate revenue through face to face and telephone selling.
- Actively seek out and follow through on new prospects from all relevant sources (trade journals, competitive events etc) and actively source and develop new business areas relevant to the event.
- Improve retention and growth of the existing business through strategic account management
- Develop robust sales strategies to counteract competitive events and non-rebooks
- Joint responsibility for all sectors of the event including sales planning, campaign management, forecasting, and achieving the sales target.
- Preparation of annual show specific sales plans and use market knowledge to input into the overall strategic direction of the show
- Maintain effective relationships with trade associations, either as a strategic partner and/or as a RXUK customer
- Build long term-term and sustainable relationships to maximise client retention
- Fully understand the show models
- Communicate across all disciplines (marketing, operations (including floor planning),PR) to ensure market intelligence is shared in order to maximise on potential opportunities
- Accurately and efficiently manage the sales dashboard on salesforce.com, the sales pipeline and floor plan
- Maintain and update salesforce.com with relevant contacts, notes and market intelligence
- Monitor and plan own and sales executives sales activity using salesforce.com and regularly monitor the sales pipeline accordingly
- Work with marketing to manage the entire sales promotion campaign ensuring targeted, timely and appropriate communications are sent out to the prospect/exhibitor base. Full management of campaigns and tracking of sales plan effectiveness
- Work closely with the Marketing team and Head of Sales to develop targeted exhibitor and visitor promotional campaigns according the sales plan
- Have a creative approach with a keen eye on revenue generation from show related and non-show related activities and participate in adhoc business projects as required
- International Travel to meet with head offices and run sharer presentations and attend portfolio events
- Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor, industry and trade association events (both domestically and internationally) to gather and act on industry and market intelligence, maintaining and creating new relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
- Write sales reports as required
- Work with finance on debt collection pre and post show
- Support Head of Sales in the delivery of the revenue lines on WTM Portfolio
Ideal candidate profile:
A target driven and enthusiastic sales professional who can demonstrate the following:
- Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (exhibitions, publishing, etc. but exhibitions would be preferable) with a track record in generating new business
- Proven experience in consultative and value led selling, negotiating and objection handling, maximising revenue from existing and new customers by demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas
- An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
- An ability to build long-term, sustainable and profitable relationships with customers
- Proven experience in international sales and tailoring the selling style to reflect cultural etiquette
- Empathy and understanding of other cultures within a commercial context
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
- Experience in developing Sales Strategies
- Ability to assess and explain the long term impact of new practices by undertaking a high level of analysis to assess risk
- Keen eye for development of additional revenue opportunities outside of pure stand sales
- Ability to identify and plan training and development activities for people in own function
- Support selection of new team members
- Experience of coaching individuals or mentor experience.