About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Following recent strong results and an upturn in our sector, we have an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, ambitious sales team working on a leading event within the sports travel industry.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with a passion for winning and delivering results for their team and also their customers. As part of the role you will manage your own sales territory and be responsible for identifying new targets, developing new business and nurturing existing accounts to ensure future growth.
The role will be split between office based and working from home, with opportunities for international travel throughout the year to visit clients and attend competitor exhibitions (sometimes including weekends).
• Improve retention and growth of the existing business through strategic account management
• Joint responsibility for all sectors of the event including sales planning, campaign management, forecasting, and achieving the sales target.
• Develop robust sales strategies to counteract competitive events
• Communication across all disciplines (marketing, operations, PR) to ensure market intelligence is shared in order to maximise on potential opportunities
• Use market knowledge to input into the overall strategic direction of the show
• Accurately and efficiently manage the sales tracker and floor plan
• Work closely with the Marketing team and Exhibition Director to develop targeted exhibitor and visitor promotional campaigns according to the sales plan. Full management of campaigns and tracking of sales plan effectiveness
• Have a creative approach to sales, creating packages bespoke to the client through use of digital sponsorship initiatives and VAS
Ideal candidate profile:
This position requires a well-motivated and confident sales professional who can demonstrate:
• Proven experience in consultative, value-based selling and objection handling
• Creativity and initiative in a sales environment
• A proven record of negotiating and securing new business
• An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
• Ability to maximise revenue from existing customers demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas
• Personal drive, ambition, and enthusiasm for sales with a proven ability to beat targets
• An ability to build long-term, sustainable, and profitable relationships with customers and be seen as part of the industry community
• The ability to travel for business, on some cases over the weekend
• Previous experience with Salesforce or similar CRM is preferred
• An interest in sport, particularly golf is preferential but not essential