Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We love events! We organise the leading events for the luxury travel industry, including our flagship ILTM event in Cannes as well as events in China, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, and Dubai. We are passionate about creating amazing experiences that our customers can be inspired by.
Our business is about making face to face connections so we are looking for an outgoing, customer centric person to join our hard working team in a busy, dynamic work environment.
In the role as Sales Manager ILTM, you will be working across some of the most exciting events in the portfolio, ILTM Cannes, ILTM China, ILTM Arabia and ILTM Asia Pacific. The role will work closely with clients to understand their requirements and business strategy, in order to make a real impact on their business and further develop a collaborative working relationship.
- Selling to the most sought after suppliers of ultra-luxurious products
- Creating and developing strategic relationships with the leading luxury travel providers to maximise client growth and retention
- Developing and managing bespoke partnerships with the top key accounts from your region
- Proactively creating your own network in order to assist new and organic business development
- Creating and developing business plans for your region that will shape and influence the future direction of ILTM
- Developing robust sales strategies to counteract competitive events
- Attending Reed Exhibitions events thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business
- Understanding and practicing the principles of key account management
- Working closely with senior management and other team departments to develop and execute your sales and business development plans
Ideal candidate profile:
- Strong sales experience
- Ability to understand wider strategic business objectives
- Successful experience of working with major accounts ideally within the travel or exhibition industries
- Experience of business development skills both on small and large key accounts
- Experience of face to face and group presentations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex information to a wide audience
- Demonstrate an understanding and experience of strategic account management principles
- Using your own judgement and initiative to successfully exceed business objectives
- Experience in consultative selling, maximising revenue from existing clients demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas
- Empathy and understanding of other cultures within a commercial context
- A highly driven and enthusiastic sales professional
- Comfortable entertaining and networking with large groups of people
- Preferably experience within, or a good level of understanding of the luxury travel industry
- Willingness to travel to meet clients and attend industry events