RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries.
RX Global is a leading global events and exhibitions company that brings people together to network, learn, and do business. RX Global has a diverse portfolio of more than 500 events in 20 countries, spanning a wide range of industries including healthcare, travel, construction, energy, and technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Sales Manager to join our IBTM World Sales team. IBTM World is the leading global events for the meetings, incentives, conferences, and events (MICE) industry.
The Sales Manager will be responsible driving sales and revenue growth. The role will work closely with clients to understand their requirements and business strategy, in order to make a real impact on their business and further develop a collaborative working relationship.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales plan to meet or exceed revenue targets for IBTM World
- Identify and engage with potential exhibitors and sponsors, leveraging existing networks and building new relationships
- Develop proposals and presentations to showcase the value of exhibiting at IBTM World, and negotiate contracts with exhibitors and sponsors
- Work closely with operations and customer service teams to ensure a successful event experience for exhibitors and attendees
- Represent IBTM World at industry events and conferences to promote the brand and build relationships with key industry stakeholders
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activity to identify opportunities and risks, and adjust sales strategies accordingly
- Maintain accurate sales and revenue tracking, reporting regularly to management
- Develop robust sales strategies to counteract competitive events
- Joint responsibility for all sectors of the event including sales planning, campaign management, forecasting, and achieving the sales target.
- Build long term-term and sustainable relationships to maximise client retention
- Fully understand the show model
- Communicate across all disciplines (marketing, operations (including floor planning),PR, hosted buyers) to ensure market intelligence is shared in order to maximise on potential opportunities
- Accurately and efficiently manage the sales dashboard on salesforce.com, the sales pipeline and floor plan
- Maintain and update salesforce.com with relevant contacts, notes and market intelligence
- Have a creative approach with a keen eye on revenue generation from show related and non-show related activities and participate in adhoc business projects as required
- Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor, industry and trade association events (both domestically and internationally) thereby obtaining industry and market intelligence, maintaining and creating new relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
- Work with finance on debt collection pre and post show
Ideal candidate profile: A target driven and enthusiastic sales professional who can demonstrate the following:
- Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (exhibitions, meetings, travel)
- Proven experience in consultative and value led selling, negotiating and objection handling, maximising revenue from existing and new customers by demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas
- Proven experience in international sales and tailoring the selling style to reflect cultural etiquette
- An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
- An ability to build long-term, sustainable and profitable relationships with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
- Empathy and understanding of other cultures within a commercial context
- Experience in developing Sales Strategies
- Ability to assess and explain the long term impact of new practices by undertaking a high level of analysis to assess risk
- Experience in the MICE/Travel industries would be ideal
- Keen eye for development of additional revenue opportunities outside of pure stand sales
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, people of colour and people with disabilities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At RX Global we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace therefore if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!”