RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America
Great opportunity for a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join a team of 4 Senior FP&A managers within the UK Shared Services Centre.
The focus of these roles will be to delivering show accounting, budgeting and forecasting & business partnering on all commercial aspects of finance.
The successful candidates are expected to take proactive roles in transforming the UK shared service centre into a centre of excellence. The roles will cover RXUK B2B
The main elements of the job are:
- To work on all elements of accounting up to Contribution A, including show accounting, forecasting and budgeting with minimal supervision from senior management.
- Provide a full month end actual, budgeting and forecasting service for the relevant portfolio and prepare final numbers for month end.
- Contribute to training and testing on finance systems so that our finance systems are utilised for maximum benefit.
- Fully engaged to work with the rest of the finance team, providing business partnering, accounting advice and support as appropriate.
- To assist the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with any additional work required in the UK SSC Finance function or elsewhere in the UK SSC finance function.
- Drive adoption and development of standardised accounting processes with the UK SSC, taking best practice and copying with pride. Working with GTEC to facilitate improvements to GBS where appropriate and economically viable.
- To develop a positive “can do” attitude in the team in order to develop the financial support to the business.
This position requires a professional person who can forge relationships with the RX teams and can demonstrate:
- Qualified through one of the recognised bodies.
- A broad range of communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with senior organisational decision makers and within the team.
- A candidate who looks for continual improvement and is able to demonstrate a track record of process improvement and challenging existing ways of working.
- A positive and organised approach and deadline orientated.
- Experience on appropriate accounting software packages (experience of Hyperion an advantage) with excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to multi task effectively with a range of tasks and priorities.