About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
- Are you the type of developer who wants to build great software and also be part of a team that is always looking to improve?
- Do you believe code and product quality is a team effort?
- Do you to meet new challenges and learn from each other, knowing where you might have gaps but always striving to improve.
- You want to work in an open and diverse team where everyone has a voice with no dictators or heroes.
Culture is a big thing for us, please see the various links at the bottom of this advert to give you an idea of what drives us.
HOW YOU WILL MEET THE CHALLENGE
Working within a highly motivated, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic cross-functional team, culture is very important to us. You will be passionate and have expert knowledge in software development practices and principles. Will have gained sufficient experience to be able to influence at all levels in a cross-functional delivery teams.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components.
- Successfully complete coding assignments within agreed timescales.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices and code reviews.
- Operate collaboratively within a busy team, communicating progress and issues to team members and key stakeholders, including designers, UX, product teams, and other engineering teams.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
THE TECHNICAL SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, SOLID).
Knowledge of front end development technologies: Mobile-first, Responsive/Adaptive design, CMS pre-processors, BEM, SMACSS, templating
- Experience developing in at least some of the following: Adobe AEM 6.x platform, tag management, Google/Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target
- Experience in test-driven development: Pair Programming, TDD & BDD, using the following or similar: Selenium, Mocha, BrowserStack, WebPageTest, Lighthouse, Gatling.
- Experience of APIs: REST, GraphQL
- Knowledge of web security concerns: OWASP Top 10, penetration testing
- Experience in CI/CD: Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Maven/Proget, green/blue deployment, canary releases
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive benefits package
- Great learning and development opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days extra over the Christmas holiday (not to be taken from your annual leave entitlement)
- Private Medical
- Health Screening
- Long Service awards
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Save as you earn scheme
- Recruitment introduction awards (referral scheme)
- Gym discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discount Programmes
- Give as you earn scheme
The Richmond office is conveniently located for those travelling in on the Tube (district line) and/or Train. The office also has shower facilities and a nice, spacious area for lunch (microwaves/pool table/coffee machines).