The Hosted Buyer team is part of the Travel Events Portfolio (IBTM World, IBTM APAC, ATM and WTM) The role encompasses direct line management of 6 UK based roles for IBTM World, IBTM APAC, ATM and WTM events
Responsible for the Hosted Buyer programmes across the IBTM World, IBTM APAC, ATM & WTM events in line with the objectives for growth of the portfolio and individual shows.
Scope: Global responsibility for the growth of the Hosted Buyer programmes
Working with the PD and event leaders when producing the buyer business development strategy for the portfolio ensuring show strategy alignment.
Present strategy and learnings to the team throughout the event campaign.
Buyer Business Development (BD)
Growing the buyer attendance through internal teams:
Getting the best out and support BD teams (UK & Global).
Liaising with the UK Marketing Managers to create engaging campaigns to successfully grow the buyer attendance.
Growing buyer attendance through BD partners:
Working with internal account managers who are managing external business development partners.
Building your own network so that are you able to identify new partnership opportunities.
Regular attendance at industry events, face to face meetings throughout Europe and further afield to promote the brand, establish contacts and recruit Hosted Buyers onto the programmes.
Buyer Quality Management
Be an expert in buyer personas making all decisions through the persona lens.
Use RX analytics and your own research to build a clear understanding of what the supplier and the buyer wants so that you are always improving the buyer quality.
Regular reading on market trends, competitor and customer needs through internal and external market research, quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify opportunities and solve challenges.
Buyer Show Experience
Build out an operational schedule of all tasks that occur over the course of the event experience.
Work with partners to help deliver a first-class experience for the hosted buyers. Current partners help with travel, accommodation, logistics and specialist events. You will be required to build strong relationships with current partners in order to truly understand their services and how they can improve the customer experience.
Continuously build new relationships in the industry in order to seek out new partners. New services and experiences in this industry are highly valuable.
Working with the Marketing Technology team you will become an EventsAir expert ensuring that the technology is always working at an optimum level for each show. You will have the leading opinion on the technology and how it needs to evolve to improve the buyer and exhibitor matchmaking experience.
Direct line management of Business Development Managers for professional and personal development using coaching and the RX Performance Development Process
Close liaison with sales, marketing and senior management colleagues in the UK and overseas
Production and presentation of weekly, monthly and other regular management reports
Ideal candidate profile
This is a position that requires:
- Leadership and communication skills to help lead the show and hosted buyer vision with a positive outlook that contributes to the culture of the business encouraging team members to be inclusive, take ownership and be brave.
- Strategic and emotional intelligence in order to create a hosted buyer plan that gets the show teams and direct reports on board as well as performing to a high level throughout the year.
- Strong operational skills in order to lead the delivery of the hosted buyer show experience.
- Creative and analytical approach with the ability to generate intelligence from data analysis to inform strategy.
- Presentation skills - Ability to produce and present complex and high level management data.
- Substantial business development and/ or customer relationship experience.
- Ability to understand the wider strategic business objectives.
- A pro-active, solution orientated approach to problem solving.
- An aptitude for networking and building relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent database/IT skills, especially Excel.
- Enthusiastic team player who can work collaboratively in an international environment.
- Creativity – developing and proposing solutions to queries with a positive approach.