About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Background to the role
Within RX, we are building a global Digital Centre of Excellence which aims to place digital technology at the centre of the events business. Our goals are to roll out and further develop our global events platform, grow existing digital product revenues, and identify and grow new digital business opportunities that will in turn help our customers to grow their businesses. The Centre of Excellence represents an exciting opportunity for digital product managers, analysts and data-driven leaders who want to help lead and grow a new team that will have global impact, taking advantage of a new global momentum around connecting and trading digitally, and supporting a wide range of industry sectors to build their businesses back better after the pandemic.
About the Senior Product Manager for Content Propositions role
You will play a global leadership role in understanding the needs of our B2B and B2C customers when it comes to staying ahead of their industry or fan interest, and developing scalable content propositions to meet their needs, attract traffic, and drive registration for our events and leads for our digital products. In addition, you will advance existing business model thinking around both advertising- and subscription-driven value propositions, testing and learning to get the best and most sustainable balance of revenue sources, to drive double-digit growth for our key events and brands.
You will have the opportunity to operate in both B2C and B2B markets. Our B2C brands include leading videogame websites such as Eurogamer, Rock Paper Shotgun and EGX, which offer both advertising- and subscription-driven value propositions, as well as the world-famous NewYork and London ComicCons. On the B2B side, we operate in diverse sectors such as renewable energy, travel, cosmetics, gifting and many others. Our intent is that this role will lead our companywide thinking on how content value propositions can be best created and monetised, helping individual brands and event teams decide where and how to play with content-based offerings, and how to rapidly experiment and iterate new business models.
Example projects include
- working with events teams to develop strategies to attract traffic and generate show visitors and exhibitor leads leveraging high quality content
- developing SEO strategies that leverage our sector-leading brands and high quality content in high-traffic video games websites, and
- developing and testing new content-based business models to meet user needs and grow digital revenues in sectors ranging from online retail to heavy industry.
- Taking a customer-centric approach to content development, ensuring that all development meets customer needs and that we create products that are valuable to the customer, usable, technically feasible and viable for the business
- Being a standard-bearer for data-driven product development, setting clear KPIs and working with analytics teams to assess progress and iterate product strategy
- Driving the content product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution - working with multiple internal/external stakeholders to align priorities, dependencies and roadmap across the digital product portfolio
- Working with editorial colleagues so that product- and editorial- strategies are developed and executed hand-in-hand
- Testing new product ideas, transforming the business to meet or exceed revenue goals and succeed in current and future market conditions
- Communicating the vision and delivering regular progress updates to key stakeholders, including the executive team, business unit leadership, and event teams
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies especially in the areas of ad tech, content management, and content analytics
- 7+ years of digital product management experience in an international environment
- Experience working in content-driven digital businesses, having achieved challenging growth targets
- Commercial and strategic acumen: solid commercial experience, backed up by an MBA or management degree desirable, or experience in a consulting firm
- Up to date knowledge and good understanding of digital marketing landscape, either in B2B or B2C setting
- Experience in bringing new products or product features to the market, from collaborative conceptualization to execution to post-release management.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Comfort working in complex and ambiguous situations, including demonstrated effectiveness in early stage product discovery and multi-stakeholder environments