About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Background to the role
Within RX, we are building a global Digital Centre of Excellence to which aims to place digital technology at the centre of the events business. Our goals are to roll out and further develop our global events platform, grow existing digital product revenues, and identify and grow new digital business opportunities that will in turn help our customers to grow their businesses. The Centre of Excellence represents an exciting opportunity for digital product managers, analysts and data-driven leaders who want to help lead and grow a new team that will have global impact, taking advantage of a new global momentum around connecting and trading digitally, and supporting a wide range of industry sectors to build their businesses back better after the pandemic.
About the Senior Product Manager for Data Products role
The purpose of this role is to discover and develop new digital products that leverage RX’s customer and industry sector data to provide new insights to our customers and grow RX revenue. RX has a leading global position in many of the segments it operates, with unique insights into our customers’ needs and interests, new trends in their sector(s), and into who is doing business with whom. Our global event platform provides us with the opportunity to aggregate and analyse that data to create new products that will help our customers do business better with each other.
You will have the opportunity to operate across multiple B2B markets that include diverse sectors such as renewable energy, travel, cosmetics, gifting and many others. Our intent is that this role will lead our companywide thinking on how our data can best be collected, enriched, aggregated ad repackaged into data products such as dashboards and analytics to help customers in each of our sectors to find new leads, meet new customers, and raise the profile of their businesses.
- Taking a customer-centric approach to product development, ensuring that all development meets customer needs and that we create products that are valuable to the customer, usable, technically feasible and viable for the business
- Being a standard-bearer for data-driven product development, setting clear KPIs and working with analytics teams to assess progress and iterate product strategy
- Driving the product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution - working with multiple internal/external stakeholders to align priorities, dependencies and roadmap across the digital product portfolio
- Working with face-to-face and digital event colleagues so that customer engagement and data strategies are developed and executed hand-in-hand
- Testing new product ideas, transforming the business to meet or exceed revenue goals and succeed in current and future market conditions
- Communicating the vision and delivering regular progress updates to key stakeholders, including the executive team, business unit leadership, and event teams
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- 7+ years of digital product management experience in an international environment, particularly analytics products
- Experience working in B2B digital businesses, having achieved challenging growth target. Understanding of B2B-appropriate business models and product development strategies
- Commercial and strategic acumen: solid commercial experience, backed up by an MBA or management degree desirable, or experience in a consulting firm
- Experience in bringing new products or product features to the market, from collaborative conceptualization to execution to post-release management.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Comfort working in complex and ambiguous situations, including demonstrated effectiveness in early stage product discovery and multi-stakeholder environments