About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Location: Richmond, London, UK Reports to: Director of Engineering
Will be joining the Digital, consumer facing products, team developing and evolving the global events management and lead generation platform. We’re constantly innovating and testing new ideas and focused on driving ever in creating results for our customers. Will act as a QA & Test Engineering ‘chapter’ lead across several globally distributed product delivery teams ensuring alignment of best practices and ways of working. To ensure quality and improve testing capabilities throughout the full development lifecycle from ideation to production.
HOW YOU WILL MEET THE CHALLENGE
Working as part of a highly motivated, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic cross-functional team. You will be supporting the creation and testing of components, applications and algorithms and also integrations with services and APIs in other teams. With a customer focus, you will partner closely with Product Owners, UX Designers, Developers and all QAs. If you love product ideation, collaborating, identifying ways to improve and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
You will be skilled and passionate about, with an enquiring mind and customer focused skilled, at hunting down the most exotic issues. Will have gained sufficient experience to be able to influence at a senior level in a cross-functional delivery teams previously. To be successful you will need to be:
- A people person; must be highly communicative, open, a team player and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives
- Knowledgeable, confident, collaborative and customer focused with respect to Agile Delivery and Quality Management Principles
- Able to use a depth and breadth of experience to ensure the team delivers value
- A skilled negotiator obtaining buy–in from, and resolving conflict with various stakeholders.
- Able and enjoy solving problems, taking action and feeling responsible for delivering results.
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency and measure the overall quality of the product.
- Forward thinking and constantly looking for ways to improve with expert development skills.
- Lead the rapid evolution of our automated testing capabilities across multiple products and projects
- Strong exposure to XP, Scrum or Lean, DevSecOps CALMS/Rugged cultures
- Knowledgeable of Risk based Testing, Continuous Testing & Monitoring principles
- Expert in validating complex requirements, defining and reviewing acceptance criteria, exploratory testing methods, validating unit/functional/integration/contract and end-end tests
- Strong experience in multi-browser and mobile device testing with strong knowledge of localisation, internationalisation and accessibility standards and requirements.
- Experience with REST and Graph based APIs, and Swagger
- Ability to code at a reasonable level to develop and execute complex automated and performance testing, along with administration of testing tools/environments
- Experience of synthetic availability and multi-step transaction testing and real user monitoring
- Knowledgeable of the SDLC including continuous integration, deployment, source control, static analysis
- Experienced in evaluating and participated in competitive analysis of 3rd party software and services.
- At ease with troubleshooting in complex environments through experience using test dashboards, monitoring and logging tools.
- Experience in BDD tools such as Specflow or similar to evolve a robust automation pack
- Experience of performance testing (using tools such as Pagespeed, Gatling, Site24x7, StatusCake, etc)
- Experience and interest in Security Testing (such as OWASP Top 10, authentication and authorisation)
- Experienced in also test automation with either python, or java.
- Experience of making test data visible, and creating dashboards with data visualisation tools and PowerBI