About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales Executive to work within the World Travel Market (WTM) Portfolio selling across 2 events (WTM London & ATM) within Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE). The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, organized, and adaptable, and will need to demonstrate a strong desire to be part of a sales team that delivers the world's leading international B2B travel and tourism events. The role will have a strong focus on account management and new business so requires an individual who has a passion for winning and committed to delivering the sale.
- Qualifying and converting incoming enquiries for the WTM Portfolio
- Working with sales managers to ensure growth of specific regions on the floor plans
- High level of pipeline management to ensure continuous prospect opportunities for each exhibition
- Prospecting via social media, newsletters, publication and competitor events
- Selling exhibition floor space, sponsorship, add on sales across WTM Portfolio
- Fully supporting the Sales Manager ensuring complete client coverage and account management across the Leisure Portfolio
- Providing customer service by maintaining and generating new business
- To build relationships with clients, understanding their businesses and marketing needs
- Attend some of the RTE events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally)
- To understand the functions of other departments encouraging better working practice and maximising overall RTE objectives.
- Database management and general administration
- Floor plan management with sales managers and Head of Sales
- Co-produce reports and monthly new business analysis
- Experience of successfully selling digital products and solutions with a consultative based approach.
Ideal candidate profile:
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic sales professional
- Strong sales experience, ideally from the exhibition, travel industry or from a business to business environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop face to face sales techniques
- High levels of customer focus and support
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- Ability to maintain a database of existing and potential clients
- Excellent administrative skills
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- Team player and contributor with flexible attitude
- Hunter sales mentality and target driven.