About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Selling our Real Estate shows from our Rx Midem division, alongside one other core international industry portfolio.
- You will be expected to sell exhibition space, digital opportunities and delegate passes to new and existing participants over the telephone and face to face where required.
- Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
- Achieve and surpass your own individual revenue targets across the group.
- Establish and build long-term relationships with customers, understanding their businesses and marketing needs.
- Agree on a communication plan with each of your show teams – frequency and format
- Producing timely competitor show, post-show and monthly reports when required.
- Clear and accurate reporting of your plan, prospects and extended pipeline to line manager in bi-weekly catch ups.
- The successful candidate will also be required to act as a key delivery partner in contracting and delivering the Department for International Trade’s stand at MIPIM
- Work alongside the Rx Midem UK team to create proposal, negotiate and contract with the DIT
- Act as intermediary and project lead between DIT, Rx Midem and certain other third party suppliers
- Take responsibility for ensuring smooth delivery of the DIT’s activities on site and all KPI’s are exceeded for the show
Essential skills of the Senior Sales Executive:
- Previous sales experience in delegate and/or exhibition sales preferable.
- Experience working within or selling to the energy, environmental or construction sectors would be beneficial.
- Ability to build rapport with and manage both existing and new accounts is vital.
- Experience in consultative selling and excellent ability to handle concerns.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Creativity and initiative in a sales environment.