Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales Executive to work within the World Travel Market (WTM) Portfolio selling across 2 events (WTM London & ATM) within Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE). The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, organized, and adaptable, and will need to demonstrate a strong desire to be part of a sales team that delivers the world's leading international B2B travel and tourism events. The role will have a strong focus on account management and new business so requires an individual who has a passion for winning and committed to delivering the sale.
- Qualifying and converting incoming enquiries for WTM & ATM
- Working with sales managers to ensure growth of assigned geographical regions
- Prospecting and generating new business via social media, newsletters, publications and competitor events
- Selling exhibition floor space, sponsorship, digital and add on sales across WTM & ATM
- Fully supporting Sales Managers ensuring complete client coverage and account management across WTM & ATM
- To build relationships with clients, understanding their businesses and marketing needs
- Attend some of the RTE events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally)
- To understand the functions of other departments encouraging better working practice and maximising overall RTE objectives.
- Database management and general administration
- Floor plan management with sales managers and Head of Sales
- Co-produce reports and analysis where required.
- Account Management and new business generation.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Salesforce competency particularly with regard to pipeline management
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic sales professional
- Strong sales experience, ideally from the exhibition, travel industry or from a business to business environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop face to face sales techniques
- High levels of customer focus and support
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- Ability to maintain a database of existing and potential clients
- Excellent administrative skills
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- Team player and contributor with flexible attitude
- Hunter sales mentality and target driven.
- Fluent English and competency in other languages beneficial
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, people of colour and people with disabilities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At RX Global we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace therefore if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!