Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The Senior UXD will be responsible for the experience design of our proprietary registration and ecommerce capabilities, working within a multi-disciplinary product delivery team, pairing with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and working with other programmes to ensure this is a holistic experience between our different services.
The Senior UX Designer is a critical role in this programme, ensuring the customer is at the centre of our designs for this endeavour as well as ensuring our different services connect into a single coherent experience.
The ideal candidate must rapidly understand our customer needs and transform these into amazing experiences. You will be part of a forward-thinking team charged with developing world-class registration and ecommerce experience for our customers. That means building a deep understanding of our internal and external customers and their objectives and striving to deliver products that are data driven and customer centric.
- Advocates for customers’ needs with the cross functional team and helps inspire the team to want to know more about users and meet their needs.
- Creates UI design patterns or product processes that are adept at adapting to customer needs.
- Proposes solutions and takes on board others' ideas providing recognition for them.
- Presents design and research learnings to stakeholders to guide future projects.
- Defines structure and layout of the product, and the overall user experience based on strategic research.
- Makes proactive use of user insights to set design principles and oversees adoption and use of style guides by the cross-functional team to ensure goals are met.
- Ensures work is tested with users collaborating with other functions as needed.
- Iterates work based on testing and data analysis.
- Uses design and prototyping software to expert level (e.g. Adobe, Zeplin, InVision).
- Demonstrates ongoing learning and mentors junior designers in technical skills.
Skills & Experience
- 8-10 years or more experience working in agile development environments as a User Experience specialist.
- Learns from success and failures
- Understands what is required by the business to be successful and maps development plan accordingly
- Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
- Develops new ideas to improve process or product, and is able to prepare implementation plans
- Creates new opportunities by applying different perspectives and challenging the status-quo
- Provides clear instructions and direction to others
- Is able to both actively listen to and effectively question to understand another’s viewpoint
- Encourages cooperation between all members of the team
- Identifies ways for further collaboration across teams
- Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related discipline preferred but not required
- Direct experience in eCommerce preferred