About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Background to the role
Within RX, we are building a global Digital Centre of Excellence to which aims to place digital technology at the centre of the events business. Our goals are to roll out and further develop our global events platform, grow existing digital product revenues, and identify and grow new digital business opportunities that will in turn help our customers to grow their businesses. The Centre of Excellence represents an exciting opportunity for user-centric research and design professionals who want to help lead and grow a new team that will have global impact, taking advantage of a new global momentum around connecting and trading digitally, and supporting a wide range of industry sectors to build their businesses back better after the pandemic.
About the Senior UX Designer
What we are looking for:
The Senior UX Designer is a critical role in this programme. You will play a leading role in helping to identify user needs, plan and conduct research, and design and test new solutions to help our customers to do business and trade with each other. We will take a user-centred design approach to developing new digital trade show and event products in our sectors which range from video gaming to manufacturing, and rapidly test and iterate early-stage ideas. You will gain experience of customers in a wide range of sectors and geographies, be given a high degree of autonomy and responsibility to define the UX design approach, and be expected to be flexible and comfortable working in early stage projects where you will help to define the product strategy as well as the user experience.
- You will: Advocate for customers’ needs with the cross functional team and helps inspire the team to want to know more about users and meet their needs.
- Propose solutions and takes on board others' ideas providing recognition for them.
- Present design and research learnings to stakeholders to guide future projects.
- Define structure and layout of the product, and the overall user experience based on strategic research.
- Creates UI design patterns or product processes that are adept at adapting to meet and adapt to customer needs.
- Make proactive use of user insights to set design principles and oversee adoption and use of style guides by the cross-functional team to ensure goals are met.
- Ensure work is tested with users collaborating with other functions as needed.
- Iterate work based on testing and data analysis.
- Use design and prototyping software to expert level (e.g. Adobe, Zeplin, InVision).
Skills & Experiences
- 8-10 years or more experience working in agile development environments as a User Experience specialist.
- Direct experience in eCommerce preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related discipline preferred but not required
- Learns from success and failures
- Understands what is required by the business to be successful and maps development plan accordingly
- Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
- Develops new ideas to improve process or product, and is able to prepare implementation plans
- Creates new opportunities by applying different perspectives and challenging the status-quo
- Provides clear instructions and direction to others
- Is able to both actively listen to and effectively question to understand another’s viewpoint
- Encourages cooperation between all members of the team
- Identifies ways for further collaboration across teams
- Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams