Reed Exhibitions (RX) is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities, and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Mack Brooks has been acquired by RX in early 2019 and is going through an exciting integration phase. We are changing and implementing new practices, processes, and systems. We value our staff and are introducing new development programs. Our office is vibrant, multi-cultural and fun. We love organising shows!
Situated in the heart of St Albans City Centre, opposite St Albans Abbey in a beautiful grade II listed building, Mack Brooks Exhibitions is a leading international exhibition / trade fair organiser of business to business events. Established in 1965, the company is part of RX.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the team for an Italian or German speaking Technical Executive to join the multi-cultural Technical team working across a number of our exciting events.
We want individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at themselves, the willingness to ask for help when they are over their heads, and the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines, and demanding partners.
Working with the show teams, the Technical Executive will support the Technical Managers in providing all on site-related activity and infrastructures ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, customer satisfaction, achievement of deadlines, compliance with all regulations and full budget control.
- Liaise with exhibitors, contractors, venue staff and RXMB teams on all aspects of on-site activity.
- Produce and organise manuals and relevant documentation in the languages required.
- Work with the Technical Manager to ensure all Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
- Working at a variety of venues. There is a considerable amount of travel involved for both site visits and organising the exhibitions.
- Fluent in English and Italian or German (written and spoken)
- Experience of event organisation within the exhibition industry, either B2B or B2C (preferred but not essential)
- Good relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Good understanding of relationship management
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent working hours (35 h/week: Monday - Thursday 8.30 am to 4.45 pm incl. 1 hr lunch, 8.30 am to 4 pm on Fridays incl. 1.5 hr lunch)
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Christmas closure days in addition to the holiday entitlement)
- Life Insurance
- Private medical cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym discount